Quantcast

whistler memorial weekend

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
ill be up there riding saturday, sunday, and part of the day on monday.

if you see a Silver Iron Horse SGS pro with tons of stickers, a 5th element and 888RC, say hi.

tacopuerto

Chimp
Oct 6, 2005
b-ham
i'm interested to see what runs will be open with the amount of snowfall they got this year. cutting them out of snow pack? someone should sticky a whistler thread or this one for updates. high pressure from here on out! great month ahead P.A. beacon then whistler!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I pushed the hill tonight, and rode down Aline from the DM junction. There were various small patches of snow here and there, however for the most part it was 85% clear, and was in good shape. The last 3 tables and then the GLC were perfect.
From what I have heard, the upper half has a little more snow on it.
Also rode Heart of Darkness, which was fast and tacky, with no snow.
Warm weather on the way starting Wednesday. Looking forward to a good opening weekend.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
....and you said you are not getting a pass! We should bet on how long you can hold out for. $359 is the best deal in town, for a season of riding up here. 8 times break even.
Hey ash wanna meet up when we get up there? no idea where im stayin this time but i will give you a call around 4pm on riding days. . . .

. . . since i know your still hungover then

Damn Australians :cheers:

jid2

Chimp
May 4, 2007
Auburn - Redmond, WA
Good info, reminds me of hiking Alta down in Utah pre-season to poach a little snowboarding and booter building.

Mr. Cat Balls,

You aren't riding Whistler this year, so you shouldn't be jones'in' for any A-Line hawtness. Seriously.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
15 Days until I catch my first lift up for the season.

Bike prepped for season: 300 bucks in random crap...
Liver prepped for season: 200 bucks worth of beer in the past 3 months.
Season Pass: 359 bucks...damned exchange rate...
Hitting the first lift up for my season on the 24th: Priceless.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
15 Days until I catch my first lift up for the season.

Bike prepped for season: 300 bucks in random crap...
Liver prepped for season: 200 bucks worth of beer in the past 3 months.
Season Pass: 359 bucks...damned exchange rate...
Hitting the first lift up for my season on the 24th: Priceless.
well according to the whistler/blackcomb website, EVERY day this year will be extended play till 8. your game plan is ride early AM. my game plan: sleep in, ride 1-8 while its not so crowded, and everything totally dies at 430

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
well according to the whistler/blackcomb website, EVERY day this year will be extended play till 8. your game plan is ride early AM. my game plan: sleep in, ride 1-8 while its not so crowded, and everything totally dies at 430
I'm goin' Ironman, baby!! 10am - 8pm. Obviously late breakfast, lunch, and snack breaks through-out...but none-the-less....8 hours of solid riding Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...then a couple hours Monday to finish off the weekend. I should be completely shot by the end of the weekend...

Besides...enough tequila fixes anything.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Besides...enough tequila fixes anything.
Good call; I think it might be all the vitamins in the lime that is commonly used a chaser that makes it so revitalizing.

I might be up there Memorial Day Weekend. Mending a broken collarbone right now, so if I'm healed up in time I'll be there.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
....and you said you are not getting a pass! We should bet on how long you can hold out for. $359 is the best deal in town, for a season of riding up here. 8 times break even.
your such a bitch, who rides A-line before it opens :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :monkeydance:

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
There will be a ton of us monkies up there that weekend! Secret Squirrel--we'll definitely have to hit at least a few runs together like old times--and beers at the GLC! I'll be riding Sat, Sun, and Mon.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
There will be a ton of us monkies up there that weekend! Secret Squirrel--we'll definitely have to hit at least a few runs together like old times--and beers at the GLC! I'll be riding Sat, Sun, and Mon.
Excellent! The wife will be tagging along this time, so you can try and sell her on the finer points of DH'ing...apparently me coming home bruised, broken, and bloodied doesn't do it for her...go figure.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Excellent! The wife will be tagging along this time, so you can try and sell her on the finer points of DH'ing...apparently me coming home bruised, broken, and bloodied doesn't do it for her...go figure.
Awesome! Can't wait to meet her! She must be special to put up with you! :weee: Is she going to ride? You should rent her a nice Norco Six or something and sign her up for a camp. Either way, she'll love Whistler.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
GrapeApe, aren't you up there for the week?
Unfortunately not...I have to present some stupid school thing the following Saturday that is not even close to being done...yikes! Thats okay though, we'll be up there as often as possible to take full advantage of our seasons passes!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Not to sure if you all got the memo, however the bike park will be running 9am till 6pm for the first 3 weekends, and 10 till 5 during the weekdays. Extended play as we all know it, starts on June 16th.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
Not to sure if you all got the memo, however the bike park will be running 9am till 6pm for the first 3 weekends, and 10 till 5 during the weekdays. Extended play as we all know it, starts on June 16th.
yea i just read that on NSMB, but hey 10-6 is good enough!

Ash you whistler cell activated and the same number as last year?

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
Secret Squirrel, you should sign her up for a Dirt Series 2 day camp! I hear it's the best. I'm taking the one the first weekend of June, but there's 2 more throughout the summer, check the site http://www.dirtseries.com/schedule.htm, not that expensive for 2 full days of instruction either.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Awesome! Can't wait to meet her! She must be special to put up with you! :weee: Is she going to ride? You should rent her a nice Norco Six or something and sign her up for a camp. Either way, she'll love Whistler.
Yeah...when we went up last Mem day we rented her a Kona Stab...and she putz'd around for half a day...Unfortunately, there's a slight "condition" that will preclude her from riding this year. (Don't worry, it's a good thing!) We've gotta get her ready for next season!
:monkeydance:

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Yeah...when we went up last Mem day we rented her a Kona Stab...and she putz'd around for half a day...Unfortunately, there's a slight "condition" that will preclude her from riding this year. (Don't worry, it's a good thing!) We've gotta get her ready for next season!
:monkeydance:
Sounds like a mini-Secret Squirrel is on the way...CONGRATS!:monkeydance: