Quantcast

whistler memorial weekend

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
yep, peeps were BOOSTIN high in lotsa places. very lippy in some spots, ehh?-line, etc. all smoother & good though!
just got back & what a super frikkin fun 4 1/2 days there was had (except when hanging high above, motionless, on the lift chair for 20 minutes this morning). virtually empty trails was awesome, though!
anyway sunburned & kinda tired.... over & out.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Healing vibes to GrapeApe who may have separated her shoulder on one of the rock faces on the LWD. Heal up quick.
Thanks man, yep, separated my F-ing shoulder on the Whistler DH. I've done that rock face probably 50 times, but tried to go too fast this time.

Doctors suck--had to self diagnose as my dr had no idea what to do about it even though its probably the most obvious injury in the world. Went to the chiropractor and got the diagnosis confirmed. We don't know if its a grade I or II though. There is a little bump, and it hurts like hell to push my arm out (the key movement of mtn biking).

I think I'll have a better idea of how things are going in a week, but I currently plan on riding at Whistler in 3 weeks--even if I have to stay on easier stuff. Thank goodness for my body armour--seems like w/o it it could have been a grade III separation.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Thanks man, yep, separated my F-ing shoulder on the Whistler DH. I've done that rock face probably 50 times, but tried to go too fast this time.

Doctors suck--had to self diagnose as my dr had no idea what to do about it even though its probably the most obvious injury in the world. Went to the chiropractor and got the diagnosis confirmed. We don't know if its a grade I or II though. There is a little bump, and it hurts like hell to push my arm out (the key movement of mtn biking).

I think I'll have a better idea of how things are going in a week, but I currently plan on riding at Whistler in 3 weeks--even if I have to stay on easier stuff. Thank goodness for my body armour--seems like w/o it it could have been a grade III separation.
daaamn. I think i saw you with the medical van right by the entrace to heart of darkness. Healing vibes.

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey GrapeApe,

Sully here, sorry I missed you the mountain, I was there on Monday.

Geez girl.....seperated shoulder, Ouch! Nows a good time for your Man to give you lovins.

You hear me Bro?

Let me know how things go whit that.
Keep in touch.

Sully
Roteccycles USA

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

Sh*t. :shocked:

On a brighter note, in 3 weeks Easy Does It should be open. :twitch:

Sully! It was great to get to ride with you on Monday. Next time your up at the same time as me, we'll tandem drop the GLC. It'll be sick. :monkeydance:

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hey GrapeApe,

Sully here, sorry I missed you the mountain, I was there on Monday.

Geez girl.....seperated shoulder, Ouch! Nows a good time for your Man to give you lovins.

You hear me Bro?

Let me know how things go whit that.
Keep in touch.

Sully
Roteccycles USA
Hey man, thats too bad we missed eachother on the mountain! You missed a great crash! I'll be riding up at Whistler in a few weeks, but like Greg said, I may be sticking on Easy Does It. Hopefully not. I have a good chiropractor who will help me out.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
YEA!!! dirt mercahnt! and ape, i saw you too. healin vibes.

Ash, any word on garbo, im hearing 23rd of june tenitive?
The latest I heard through the mountain was Saturday June 17th. How that is even possible, who knows, however the snow is melting. Every other day, I look up the garbo chair, and notice less snowpack.

I was planning on pushing up tonight, from the top of Fitz, and seeing how far I get.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
The start of Lower Whistler Downhill has been turned into I-5. The tight single track at the start is now 5 times wider, with no rocks, or loose debris, and it continues throughout LWD until you get to the point, where you take a left (to Crack, BLine, Devils Club) right after the rock gap. I heard there were some booters going in there, before the big fallaway.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
I think I was the third person to ride Dirt Merchant this year! I was stoooked

Those four new big rhytmn tables on upper a-line destroys me...I need a BMX bike or something to get thru that at speed. The last part of the middle part of a-line...the fast super rocky stuff is fun once or twice but is going to take me out one of these days as I plow thru there when I'm tired.

Crank it up is turning out to be a damn fun trail.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
DM was prime...Can't wait for Garb to open up. The Boneyard is getting up and running...it's big. The upgrade to Staff Housing looks like a ton of fun! The wallride to the top of the Giro trailer + the gap off of the top is interesting...I can see someone coming in way too hot and just floating right off the backside. :shocked: Can't wait for the rest of the extension to C i U to be done. They're working furiously on it... *stoked*

It got really, really, really hot Sat and Sun...so hot in fact that a bus caught fire on the Sea to Sky on my drive home on Sunday...

My bike is starting to feel and sound like a big bag of tainted a$$holes....Time for a full tear-down and rebuild...Need to get the fork and shock rebuilt (at least have the nitrogen recharged in the shock)...also have to rip apart the swing arm and do the regular maintenance on the bearings...sigh...Haven't had that bad boy apart since before C-worx last year, so now it has prolly close to 18 full days at whistler on it with no work done. And I don't ride light. We'll see....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
DM was prime...Can't wait for Garb to open up. The Boneyard is getting up and running...it's big. The upgrade to Staff Housing looks like a ton of fun! The wallride to the top of the Giro trailer + the gap off of the top is interesting...I can see someone coming in way too hot and just floating right off the backside. :shocked: Can't wait for the rest of the extension to C i U to be done. They're working furiously on it... *stoked*

It got really, really, really hot Sat and Sun...so hot in fact that a bus caught fire on the Sea to Sky on my drive home on Sunday...

My bike is starting to feel and sound like a big bag of tainted a$$holes....Time for a full tear-down and rebuild...Need to get the fork and shock rebuilt (at least have the nitrogen recharged in the shock)...also have to rip apart the swing arm and do the regular maintenance on the bearings...sigh...Haven't had that bad boy apart since before C-worx last year, so now it has prolly close to 18 full days at whistler on it with no work done. And I don't ride light. We'll see....
did you figure out that 4-pack on A? I'm hoping to go back up in a couple of weeks or so. I really like riding my Turner 6-pack up there. Off to Sao Paulo this weekend.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
did you figure out that 4-pack on A? I'm hoping to go back up in a couple of weeks or so. I really like riding my Turner 6-pack up there. Off to Sao Paulo this weekend.
Basically I'm slowly (too slow for my liking but I don't want to f*ck myself up too early in the season) taking more speed into that section. I'm almost clearing the first one...makes the subsequent ones easier (how bout that?!). By the time the Air DH for Crankworx rolls around, I'm sure I'll be clearing it. That's the only part I can't clear on A-line now. (last year I was clearing 45% of the tables and taking the go around to the drop, now it's 98% + drop + most of the bigger booters [where the option is available] ...yow)

I gotta get my RFX up there some weekend soon and see how it likes the big stuff for some prep for the Super D.

Have fun in Bra-zil...wok wok wok....