Quantcast

Whistler opens in.....

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
yes!
and i'm only 2.5 hours away:D
of corse the way CD drives we could leave at the same time and he would still beat me there:rolleyes: :p

Mitzel123

Crash Test Dummy
Feb 9, 2002
yeah speaking of speeding. CD that was very impressive about a couple weeks ago or so in the tunnel when u just took off, both me and my friend were impressed!!:devil:

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
If you live in the Seattle area, the drive is not that bad at all. Just dont get lost in Vancover :D
Vancouver? Don't go through Vancouver in the first place. Take the truck crossing, go north until highway 1 (not 1A) and head north/west.

muddface

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
your right it isnt bad at all, but im goin up with my family.....:(

im so excited, im gonna get there the day the garbanzo expansion will open :D :drool:

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by ArEm7
Vancouver? Don't go through Vancouver in the first place. Take the truck crossing, go north until highway 1 (not 1A) and head north/west.
Yep. Go through Van on the way home so you can stop by the Cactus Club and flirt with the waitresses.;)

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Originally posted by Zoso
Yep. Go through Van on the way home so you can stop by the Cactus Club and flirt with the waitresses.;)
Actually you are better stopping off at the cecil for a little post ride t&a if you know what i mean :D there sure ain't no 5 foot rule there!

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I called Whistler and they did indeed confirm, that the park is slated to open weekends only on May 1st. Amanda, the young lassie I spoke to, also had a charming Australian accent. I just love that Aussie exchange thing they have going up there.......:love:

Somebody please go up there opening weekend and report back to us on trail conditions, I heard that until everything melts up top, you need arm floats to ride A-Line. I think I would prefer to wait just a couple weeks until everything up there is Buttah.......

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by Captain Crunch
I called Whistler and they did indeed confirm, that the park is slated to open weekends only on May 1st. Amanda, the young lassie I spoke to, also had a charming Australian accent. I just love that Aussie exchange thing they have going up there.......:love:

Somebody please go up there opening weekend and report back to us on trail conditions, I heard that until everything melts up top, you need arm floats to ride A-Line. I think I would prefer to wait just a couple weeks until everything up there is Buttah.......
They have the plows out removing some snow already (well sort of) If I get a chance to go up first weekend I will let everyone know :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by MMike
Seriously....will anything besides A-Line and Dirt Merchant be open?

I think I'll give it a few weeks.
Seriously...I doubt it...It is gonna be sloppy until June for sure.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by ArEm7
Ya thats what I tried doing but I took a left turn to early (first time up) on some hwy that was named simular or something and I ended up in Vancover somehow..... :confused: And then on the way back I found the right way there :)

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i'm going to spend WWWWAAAYYYY to much time there this summer:D

EDIT: is there such a thing as to much time at whistler:think:

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
We were there one of the first weekends last year. it was way wet and noone was there. It was one of the best riding weekend of the year. a total blast. i do prefer to stay dry for comfort reasons, but really, riding in the mud is a blast, just messy.

We will be there 5-1. i can't wait.

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
ahh whistler, i just got my ride from bmx to hard tail and i need so dirt to rip up:eek: :eek: :eek: i have my bike yaaaaa yaaa yaa i have waited a year for( 15 years old on a paper route with some yard work) Yeesssss!!!:D

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Originally posted by HippieKai
i'm going to spend WWWWAAAYYYY to much time there this summer:D

EDIT: is there such a thing as to much time at whistler:think:
There is never such a thing as too much time in Whistler/Blackcomb winter or summer :D

Hopefully this year I can make it up at least once. I've never ridden at whistler before. Funny seeing as I've skied there every year for the last 20 of the las 22 years of my life.