Quantcast

whistler pro bmx dj contest: redbull elevation

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Hey spomer...you got a working email address I can get you at? Email me dude, ryan@farkin.net I gots some pictures you just gotta see.

That comp looks off the hook, shame there are no course photos, did you happen to snap any of it whilst at Crankworx?

schrammride

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
wellington ohio
cool beans, i think jay miron has done so much more for the sport than a guy like dave mirra or dennis mccoy etc etc--he has done revolutionary contests has started arguably the most innovative company in ALL OF CYCLING.

Jay is awesome.. but simma down peeps.
Jay has done some progressive things, and definetly made his mark on the sport.... and he will be a name that will be always remembered and associated with BMX, but....
I don't know if I would go so far as to say that he has done MORE than Mirra, or DMC.
ALL of these atheletes have had a HUGE impact on the sport and the direction it goes.
However.. if we are going to give props.. it really should start with Matt Hoffman, and Ron Wilkerson.... these two have had more influence on the sport the way it is today than anyone.

schrammride

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
wellington ohio
yea ur excactly right man, but there r so many dudes out there like bob khol and steve swope etc...what i meant by that is dave and dmc dont put on amatuer/pro comps (i am well aware dmc helped put on the gravity games) but gimme a break, jay is a dude that hasnt sold himself like so many guys to sports agents, he has kept it real basically re-inventing schwinn in the mid-90's...however according to hoffman in his book, jay did want more money(do not quote me) and left hoffman and swope on bad terms,dont get me wrong here...wilkerson has done more then his share as well as the names above and i do credit mirra for making bmx a household activity(if u will)
so sorry if i confused u , im tired and its late haha

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
girlwhoboards- I would share my bed with you but don't think the wife would like that. (just kidding couldn't leave that on alone) I will be there from the 26th to the 28th pray for no rain.

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
I won't be in the contest if that is what you are getting at. Iwill be up there to ride and take some photos. I saw the jumps and they look sick can't wait leaving friday morning.
So are you going?

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
Nyquist also wears big knee pads, elbow pads and four pegs... I think that makes riders styles funky looking. Look at Road Fools 4 with their trail sections, most riders have helmets and big pads and look goofy and most movies out today have no pads and the riders look better, but I don't even know what I am saying at this point. He is better then anyone that is posting cause you would be behind him jumping if you had "style".

Got any pics of the whole course??

The Complete list of Qualifiers:

Chase Hawk
Michael Cernotta
Josh Cornell
James Foster (watch for this kid.. tomorrow he may go down in History for a "first ever")
Leo Forte
Matt Beyers
Darren Read
KC Badger
Gary Young
Kye Forte
Cory Nastazio
TJ Lavin
Ryan Nyquist (and anyone who has ever seen Ryan ride would never say he has no style... he has mad style and he kills it every time.. watching him ride here is just amazing.. oh and he is probably the most humble guy you could ever meet)
Heath Pinter
Ricardo Laguna
Brad Bonar
Allan Cooke
"BB" (Romald Noirot)
Canadian 125CC Motorcross Champion Dusty Klatt... (boy, he absolutely KILLS)
Paul Kitner
Ryan Sher
Colin Mackay
Stephen Murray
Luke Parslow
Chris Doyle
Corey Bohan.

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
drexel hill, pa
Did Alex Dropsy go to this, I thought I read he was going to it? He would be crazy to see since he is a tall guy with no brakes that kills things

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Here's a pano shot of the bottom of the Fitzsimmons lift and Whistler bike park that shows the Elevation course on the left and how it was layed out...

(click on thumbnail for bigger picture)