Quantcast

Whistler Survey/Discussion

Jun 18, 2004
So how many days did you ride? Which new trails/routes did you like? How many days did you ride in the sun? Mud? Injuries? broken bike parts? Park Pass, Edge Card, l.t.'s? Any other coments? Tell me what you think...

I rode 7 days... I liked Crank It to Devils Cub to Lower A line. either that or Dirt Merchant... I only rode in the mud... I broke my colar bone on Sunday (made it a year w/o a serious injury)... I had a pinch flat or two... I never rode Frieght Train; but people said I wasn't missing much... I got stung by the Hornet, ouch! :nope:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Because of injury I rode only 6 days up there and 1 day (Crankworx) of hanging out. Last year I had over 12 days of riding. I have a season pass. No flats, no other mechanical problems w/ the bike. 1 big crash off of the GLC drop, but came out unharmed. Freight train was fun, but was slightly disappointed after reading all Spring about how great of a trail it would be and it would be complete by June or July or something like that - I don't think it was ever completely finished. Other than that, looking forward to next year - hopefully w/o injury.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I rode one day on my seasons pass. Had a blast until the last run of the day :o:

Oh oh! No Joke, to Too Tight, to Angry Pirtate, to Hornet was my favorite :love:

stinsonblvd

Chimp
Feb 28, 2005
Seattle
3 days at whistler. No broken bone(Although hand is jacked from last year). 1 rainy day, 2 sunny days. Spent a day riding with a guy from mt. snow Vermont-he crashed hard on A-line and broke his butt. Actually, he cracked his tailbone and now sits on a donut at work...

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
14 Days

Season pass

No trips to the emergency room this year

Was over the lower mountain (bike park) and really only rode the top (Garbonzo)

The run that always made me giggle was the lunch run:
Original Sin to
Goats Gully to
In Deep to
Captain Safety to
Fatcrabat to
D-1 then pedal across to
Upper and Lower Joyride to
Hornet to
GLC to the Pita Pit!

It was a really good season this year! How about those new sections of Freight Train up top by Drop Clinic? GOOD TIMES!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
holliswood said:
How about those new sections of Freight Train up top by Drop Clinic? GOOD TIMES!
:thumb: Indeed.

No Joke/Freight Train to Dirt Merchant to Lower A-Line finishing up with the GLC drops...Original Sin to Goats Gully to In Deep to Fatcrobat to Too Tight to lower part of the mountain...for 5 consecutive days....gotta make 'em count when coming from the east coast.

I just realized that I never did a complete run of A-Line this year as almost every we did started from Garbanzo.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
DamienC said:
:thumb: Indeed.

No Joke/Freight Train to Dirt Merchant to Lower A-Line finishing up with the GLC drops...Original Sin to Goats Gully to In Deep to Fatcrobat to Too Tight to lower part of the mountain...for 5 consecutive days....gotta make 'em count when coming from the east coast.

I just realized that I never did a complete run of A-Line this year as almost every we did started from Garbanzo.

I never thought to hit that drop that hard. Sweet pic sequence.

I made it to Whister 2 times this year and road 7 days of which 2 were in rain. I only had one mechanical. I had to have Zoke replace my seals on my brand new 888. One was leaking pretty bad.

My favorite section on the entire moutaint was the beginning of Goats Gully. I think it is the most techy section on the moutain. Next year Freight Train should be a lot better. It needed a lot of work when I was there. Facrobat and Captain Safety were pretty sweet. The Manager was only open one of the days I was there and I didn't hit it this year. I did last year though.

I finally bought a helmet cam for next year.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
24 days, 280 runs. The place rocks :dancing:, except of course, ahem, for today :nope:. See a related thread.

Everything there is good. Also, it is awesome how they are still opening and improving trails right up to closing w/e.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I didn't ride Devils Cub. Sounds like it could be a sweet line.

I have to many lines to name, I couldn't being to start. I tend to like keeping the rubber side down so I like some of the more techy runs :) 20 days give or take.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
vibiker said:
24 days, 280 runs. The place rocks :dancing:, except of course, ahem, for today :nope:. See a related thread.

Everything there is good. Also, it is awesome how they are still opening and improving trails right up to closing w/e.
Every year. A few of us will still be trying to ride up there. Lifties in town are mighty nice post season. Trails get roughed in pre winter so spring they can finish the work :)

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
371 runs
31 days
broken collerbone and elbow
Lots of garb action
VGoats Gully to
In Deep to
Captain Safety to
Fatcrabat to
D-1 then pedal across to
Upper and Lower Joyride to
Hornet to
lower aline

The biker cross was the shiz this year, I made it up 4 times on only my 4x bike
1 arrow wheel set
2 boxxer wc stantion tubes
1 helmet
17 stiches
eleventy billion drunken nights in the village....

OH and i landed the first 360 I ever have on the expressway stepup!!!

clandestine

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Vancouver, B.C
3 Days (first time rented the Kona Garbanzo)
SUNNY! and i was lucky enuf to catch Crankworx

Crank it up part 1 or something like that, crazy stuff.
B-Line,
some jumps
wiped out on my back haha nothing serious :P
Did alot of blue runs

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
They should give out a free pass to the rider with the most vertical. Our local ski area gives out prizes to the most vert in certain age catagories.

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
20 days between 8-10 and 10-10

Many runs!!!

just a bunch of blood, thats about it for injuries.

Fraight train, A-line, and merchant are the best by far!!!
Screw goats gully, clown shoes, and detroit rock city. Thoes trails are stupid :nope:

Whistler is the best place on earth, PERIOD!!!! way better then disney land

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
dude the national course (detroit rock city) is stupid

stupid fun... I love trails like that , they challenge you every time that you come through them

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Motoking16 said:
20 days between 8-10 and 10-10

Many runs!!!

just a bunch of blood, thats about it for injuries.

Screw goats gully, clown shoes, and detroit rock city. Thoes trails are stupid :nope:

Whistler is the best place on earth, PERIOD!!!! way better then disney land

Is Goats Gully and Clown Shoes too tough for ya? ;) I get tired of A-line and DM.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Motoking16 said:
Going by your first sentence, the second really comes as no surprise. Surprised you didn't put bikercross in there. Its a big highway with jumps too..

They should give out a free pass to the rider with the most vertical. Our local ski area gives out prizes to the most vert in certain age catagories.
Interesting idea. Wonder if they would count the peak riders. :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Str8OutaBallard said:
So how many days did you ride? Which new trails/routes did you like? How many days did you ride in the sun? Mud? Injuries? broken bike parts? Park Pass, Edge Card, l.t.'s?
- 4 days on my edge card
- fatcrobat is a nice new addition as is freight train. i wish i rode D1 but i never got around to it
- all of my days were sunny, or at least not pouring, but there was certainly a bit of mud on the ground: i went flying superman style early in the season up on no joke, and managed to tweak my already bum shoulder
- i managed to screw up my mrp chainguide somehow, and sold my canfield at the end of the season (not just for that reason, of course)

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
goats gully and clown shoes too tough?...hecks no! I just think it is boring thats all. Just personal op. Its kinda weird, that stuff just inst attracting to me, i guess it is cause you just cant go fast enough down it. Take no joke around goats gully on the way to middle freight, and you can haul ass through there like its no ones business. But heck, whistler is whistler dude! I'm totally in post whistler depression now though, it sucks! I guess its time to whip out the hard tail and learn some new tricks eh?....