Quantcast

Whistler this weekend...

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Just got back yesterday. Garbo was closed Thursday and Friday. I got soaked riding Thursday with light rain all day but scattered showers and sun on Friday. It was like 10 minutes of light rain every couple of hours but nothing to stop the riding. It wasn't very cold either so even though your feet were soaked halfway through the day you still weren't too uncomfortable. Had suprisingly good grip on the rock faces(Joyride/Nationals) even when wet. Had a blast. So long Whister! See ya next year!!!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Just got back from Whistler tonight and it was a blast. The weather was perfect, at least for this time of the year. Garbo was open and the trails were in good shape, wet but not snotty. Everything else was in prime condition as well. It only rained for a little bit and towards the end of the day things were getting a little sloppy but still not bad overall. The last two runs up Garbo it actually started snowing on us so there's a good chance today was the last chance to ride up there till next year. Wish I had gotten up there more this year, I'm already looking forward to next year. Till next year Whistler, I'll be dreaming of you all winter long.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Great day yesterday ... well till i jammed my knee straight into a rock on Shleyer. It happened around 3. The run after that I blew my tire off the rim hitting the GLC drop. Having a stans wheel blow isnt a quick fix, and since i was hurting already i decided to end the day. We did get a few top runs down freight train that were really fun, and some good rippers down DM and A-line.

And as always we drive home talking of having something like this in our back yards... Would be nice not to have a 10 hour drive to get to it.

Hey, T- you didnt call yesterday. Do you still want that Ti spring?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Yeah I still want the spring. I completely forgot to put your number in my phone before I left the house so I had no way of calling you. Sorry bout that. PM with how the cost including shipping and how to pay you.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Good Times the Trails were awesome, A-line berms felt like Velcro!

The Joyride DH was so much fun. Tyler Moreland won on that new Cove Vpp style bike, Boe rocked with a 5th in open (nice job he had a good bobble too), I did pretty good (rode a bit conservative) w/ an 8th overall. Was pretty amazing how smooth the race went, didn't really even feel like a race! The roller coaster deal at the bottom was a bit scary, but I don't think anyone got hurt.