Quantcast

Whistler Village hotels/inns/condos that allow bikes in-room?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I don't recall the names of the places, as I haven't been back there in 3 years, but there are multiple 1-story condo complexes on the road between the village and blackcomb where you can roll your bike right into the room. No need to pass a front desk/security etc. That's where we always stayed as it was an easy pedal to the lift and a short stumble home from the bars.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
If you're swanky the Pan Pacific has bike valet. I've stayed there a few times. Anywhere else we've snuck them into the rooms.

We also usually leave a lock in front of Garbonzo on the ski rack so if anyone is by themselves they can lock up they're bike and take a wizz without getting their bike jacked.

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
Small condos like that would be good. I used to live in Glaciers reach, and there are a lot off lorimer road/northlands blvd. We had a 2 bed place, had excess of 10 bikes regularly, never had any bother. The security guard/porter is there for noise complaints and locked out tenants, not to police bikes.

Landlords are used to it, my current place has a garage, but it has sleds and dirt bikes in it, so the bikes are still inside. Just make an effort not to destroy the walls and it will be fine.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
My favorite place to stay for many reasons is Stoney Creek Sunpath. It's centrally located, quick bike ride to the lifts (by the golf course then cut left by the Westin) and each unit has it's own private entry (no front desk to sneak by).

Check it out:
http://goo.gl/maps/0KFFQ

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Get a condo through Alluradirect.com, make sure the owner is cool with bikes, and don't be afraid to negotiate the price. Lots of those condos sit empty in the summer and the owners are often motivated to do deals.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Get a condo through Alluradirect.com, make sure the owner is cool with bikes, and don't be afraid to negotiate the price. Lots of those condos sit empty in the summer and the owners are often motivated to do deals.
What this guy said ^

I used Allura for two trips. Stayed at Glaciers Reach and Greystone Lodge and kept 4 or 5 bikes in the rooms at both. Get the owners permission and clean your bike before putting it in the room and you'll have no worries.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Whistler Inns and Suites lets you keep them in room.
But they don't server morning waffles anymore. So they suck.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Glacier's reach for sure. But the most secure non-in-room I've encountered has been Cascade Lodge and Holiday Inn Express. Both use locked off-lobby rooms and a claim-check system to retrieve your bike when you need it.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
We stayed at the Pan Pacific and Delta Inn & Suites and kept our bikes in the rooms both of them. No sneaking, we told them straight up it's either that way or we stay somewhere else.

Last edited: