Quantcast

Whistler was alright this weekend

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
or maybe absolutely perfect! All the roots, rocks, and woodwork were bone dry, and the trails were epic tacky. And the weather......... :thumb: The only bummer was that these new trails that have recently opened (fatcrobat, too tight, angry pirate, etc....) will have to wait till next season for more ripping since next weekend is the last.

finally, damn i agree with the other thread about angry pirate being a good line. The line of the weekend was: Freight Train-Original Sin-Goats Gully-In Deep-Fatcrobat-Too Tight-Angry Pirate-Lower A-Line-Lower Lower A-Line/Hornet-Big GLC. I decided that this is possibly the best technical descent that is possible on a bike. Crazy!!!!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I am praying to whoever is upstairs that the mountain stays open this week. Lots of rumours amongst locals and I really really hope they come true...I need another run (10 to 20) before my season is over. Feels so incomplete.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, epic weekend (considering it was lift-access) was had on this end.
We got to Goat's Gully far too late into the game, as our hands/arms were too worked from the day prior. We got addicted to No Joke up top...that is one sweet line to run at speed.
Everything down below was just tight as a drum...A-Line had to be my favorite. First two runs were more or less a feel-out, but from there I knew what to expect and then proceeded to shock my sh*t at how big I was boosting some of those jumps.
I had Bibs right behind my on the first big A-Line table (under the lift) and basically cleared the tranny but somehow didn't land it stiff. He passed me after we crossed into the next section and then we saw him down a couple hits later - had a nice chunk missing from just above his hamstring - HOPE YOU'RE OK, BIBS!!!! Needless to say, my buddy and I RALLIED the rest of A-Line to inform somebody down below that they may need some help up there.
The last boost on A-Line before the fast, steep section was hands-down my favorite hit on the entire mountain. I don't think I've flown higher, farther or longer off anything in my life!!!:D

We could not have asked for better weather as well.:thumb:

Hey, guys....
I now have 25 staples in my left leg and two percocets and a shot of morphine...it wsa 6"long 3/4" wide and a inch deep..Im out of riding for a while :( thanks for helpiong me out though!!...the kids that saw me hit that table told me I went 15 feet past the tranny and got bucks, when I rolled out of it...a tree sticking out ripped me open pretty good..pics to come some...:( thanks again! and the guys from ladysmith.com helped me out too!!...good kids!

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
DBR X6 RIDER said:
I had Bibs right behind my on the first big A-Line table (under the lift) and basically cleared the tranny but somehow didn't land it stiff.
hahaha i did the same thing, only there was no basically clearing :D There is a speed limit on the jump trails for sure, ie on the very very last three on lower lower a-line after the hornet section where you have to brake before the first one, pin it off the long one, and then brake again for the last one or prepare to meet mister flat.

Heal up soon bibs, that doesn't sound too nice.

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Sheesh Cory! You better take it easy for a while! you don't have to go to all that trouble not to ride with me, you could just tell me you're tired, or have community service again, your crabs are flaring up, whatever. I managed to blow up both of my shoulders yesterday here at home at Sleestack, so I wouldn't have to ride with YOU.;) I had you covered, Bro, I won't be back on a bike for a couple weeks at least, myself, but it sounds like your story is better! Gory-liscious!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bibs said:
Hey, guys....
I now have 25 staples in my left leg and two percocets and a shot of morphine...it wsa 6"long 3/4" wide and a inch deep..Im out of riding for a while :( thanks for helpiong me out though!!...the kids that saw me hit that table told me I went 15 feet past the tranny and got bucks, when I rolled out of it...a tree sticking out ripped me open pretty good..pics to come some...:( thanks again! and the guys from ladysmith.com helped me out too!!...good kids!
Sorry to hear about that Cory! :(

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Dang cory! Sorry to hear!

Our trip saturday went well. Only a small pain in my shoulder from a bad take off on the GLC drop. Didnt pull up and went nose down. I also have to say thet the O-sin trail has to be the harderst thing ive ever ridden. Somehow i managed to clean most everything, but coming off a cold i wasnt feeling it for another run. We did do No koke all the way down to the bottom, and i finally hit crack additc for the first time in 3 years..... bad experience my first time there has kept me away. Overall a great trip, and was really cool to ride with toshi! He cleaned some sick lines too.

Cant wait till next year!

Heal up cory!!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I had a pretty good weekend up there too. Nice meeting you DBR X6. Thanks Oly for showing me Angry Pirate. I dislocated my ring finger on Fatcrobat - I hate those log rides. Then the last run on A-line my right side crank fell off. Haha. Thank goodness I use clipless pedals - it was still attached to my foot.

Heal up Cory - good seeing you up there.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Dang cory! Sorry to hear!

Our trip saturday went well. Only a small pain in my shoulder from a bad take off on the GLC drop. Didnt pull up and went nose down. I also have to say thet the O-sin trail has to be the harderst thing ive ever ridden. Somehow i managed to clean most everything, but coming off a cold i wasnt feeling it for another run. We did do No koke all the way down to the bottom, and i finally hit crack additc for the first time in 3 years..... bad experience my first time there has kept me away. Overall a great trip, and was really cool to ride with toshi! He cleaned some sick lines too.

Cant wait till next year!

Heal up cory!!!
You forgot to mention the best part of the trip at Whistler this weekend!!! Riding up the lift with Shaums :heart:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
You forgot to mention the best part of the trip at Whistler this weekend!!! Riding up the lift with Shaums :heart:
Oh yea...... And seeing the worlds best DH'er (fabian...). And seeing Dave watson and crew hitting B-line!!! So there to all those who say B-line sucks! World class pro's ride it.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've decided that scars are like random tattoo's. Instead of people doing the artwork it's tree's, rocks, metal etc. doing the artwork.
it feels weird when the doc took them staples offa me. i saved one of the staples to be weird, but i was too high on percocets at the time to remember where i put it... :drool:
get well soon brother. :)

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
bibs said:
Hey, guys....
Holy crap, Bibs! Sorry to hear that :( How long will you be out? Hope you feel better soon!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
i've decided that scars are like random tattoo's. Instead of people doing the artwork it's tree's, rocks, metal etc. doing the artwork.
it feels weird when the doc took them staples offa me. i saved one of the staples to be weird, but i was too high on percocets at the time to remember where i put it... :drool:
get well soon brother. :)
You shoulda had them pierce your ear and hang the staple there........

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Sorry to hear that bibs. Nick said you were seeking medical attention but didn't elaborate.

I must say, the last 2 weekends have been epic. I got to ride with a lot of fast people in some perfect conditions.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
oly said:
Oh yea...... And seeing the worlds best DH'er (fabian...). And seeing Dave watson and crew hitting B-line!!! So there to all those who say B-line sucks! World class pro's ride it.....
Hahaha...I still enjoy b-line. Little jumps and bumps...not sure why I like it. But even though I have progress far past it, its still a blast especially when racing some buds :)

Bummer bibs. Damn trees always sticking out at the worst moments.

Hi all!
Thanks !!

I over shot the table AFTER the table with the hip over the stump. Does that make sense? I was completly flat and got bucked tried to avoid hitting another kid that crashed and then I crashed. The stick went right through my leg....Pip and Andy saw the "goodness" Marty has a pic somwhere...but it hurts!!!!!! morphine does wonders!!! but i feel so grogry and krapy today! Om out for a few weeks...:( I wanna ride right now..but I can barley sit in a chair..:(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oly said:
Overall a great trip, and was really cool to ride with toshi! He cleaned some sick lines too.
it was fun riding (and riding in the car :D) with you guys. props to all

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Dang, Cory!:eek: It looked pretty bad for sure, but 25 staples bad?!?! I knew when I saw that...thing that looked like a small shark just chomped on ya'...you'd be hobbled.:(
Those guys that stopped right away to slow people down were right on top of it. I think I was only a table or so behind you at that point - I SHOULD have kept you behind me a little longer, but it's hard to hold back a rager w/ a phatty Turner.

Nice meeting you as well, Five!:D Glad you managed to escape any carnage w/ the crank thing!!

Somehow, I didn't go over my bars or have any hard bails - just a few washouts hitting a corner hot here and there. I blame having no feeling in my hands for that.:p

I had a 'smooth' weekend, but also feel a little groggy and crappy (from the shoulders-out) today as well.

Muhahahahaha!!!! Now I know Captain's 'secret' name for SST!!! Hope you're ok as well, man.
I'm guessing the gap after the table???

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Dang, Cory!:eek: It looked pretty bad for sure, but 25 staples bad?!?! I knew when I saw that...thing that looked like a small shark just chomped on ya'...you'd be hobbled.:(
Those guys that stopped right away to slow people down were right on top of it. I think I was only a table or so behind you at that point - I SHOULD have kept you behind me a little longer, but it's hard to hold back a rager w/ a phatty Turner.

Nice meeting you as well, Five!:D Glad you managed to escape any carnage w/ the crank thing!!

Somehow, I didn't go over my bars or have any hard bails - just a few washouts hitting a corner hot here and there. I blame having no feeling in my hands for that.:p

I had a 'smooth' weekend, but also feel a little groggy and crappy (from the shoulders-out) today as well.

Muhahahahaha!!!! Now I know Captain's 'secret' name for SST!!! Hope you're ok as well, man.
I'm guessing the gap after the table???

heres the goods

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
heres the goods
:eek: Nastyness, man. Hope it didn't take too long for help to arrive - we essentially blazed the remainder of A-Line > GLC and straight to the lifties...probably pissed several people off that were lined up to hit GLC as we tore straight thru them all, but can't say I feel bad about it as they would have done the same.

no it wasnt too bad thanks again!! I would have done the same!! :D did steve get hurt? at sst? what was that all about?

"Muhahahahaha!!!! Now I know Captain's 'secret' name for SST!!! Hope you're ok as well, man.
I'm guessing the gap after the table???"..Im cornfused....could be the meds!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Captain Crunch said:
Sheesh Cory! You better take it easy for a while! you don't have to go to all that trouble not to ride with me, you could just tell me you're tired, or have community service again, your crabs are flaring up, whatever. I managed to blow up both of my shoulders yesterday here at home at Sleestack, so I wouldn't have to ride with YOU.;) I had you covered, Bro, I won't be back on a bike for a couple weeks at least, myself, but it sounds like your story is better! Gory-liscious!
That's what I was referring to, Cory. The how/why of it all is beyond me, too - and I'm just sober and sore. :blah:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bibs said:
he was fine..no injuries.....just shook up
That's cool...he wasn't looking too hot when Pip & I rolled up.
I'm still shocked at how fast those guys had that area under control as far as nobody flying thru there - I really couldn't have been much more than 5 seconds behind you. I think that was the only carnage I saw on Sunday.

Saturday was another story - they had at least 3 incidents along the Biker-cross park alone and had to scoop somebody else out of Dirt Merchant.

Carnage aside, it was likely on of the best weekends to have been up there - warm, sunny weather and nice tacky trails is quite a combo:thumb:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
oh.my.gross.

i was about to take a bite of creamy macaroni and cheese...then i saw your pic

were you bleeding all over the place, er what? were you getting faint from the blood loss/shock? where is it again? i can't really tell from the pic, it almost looks like your knee. did you tear muscle? DETAILS...DETAILS DAMNIT!

yea, I was clam...no shock...it hurt like hell but after some things I have gone through in my past,it was just a flesh wound..its sore as hack today. I looked at it and did not get faint. I was just like dang, there goes my day. it started hurting when they stuck their fingers in and moved it around. it was harsh the drugs didnt work until i got into martys car and started off for home. Then I was doz'in on and off....hte blood didnt raelly start until i sat in the rig to the clinic. then it bled a bit ;) but all in all Ill have another cool scar!