Quantcast

Whistler Weather - Advice Needed

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
So I'm planning to spend a week at Whistler some time this Summer. Tentatively I was thinking June 30-July 4. I could go later in the Summer, but I was hoping to take advantage of the July 4th holiday (paid holiday for me at work). For those that have been often, what is the weather like that time of year?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Could be good, the lower mountain should be dry the upper mountain will be muddy. It will be crowded for sure.

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
You'll be lucky if the upper mountain is even open at that time this year. Last year the snow was just as bad and they opened the upper mountain a little before the 4th. I would personally suggest waiting until late July or August when things will be dry top to bottom. You could also plan it around Labor day weekend if you're looking to take advantage of a free paid holiday. The weather that time of year is generally really nice.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to delay my vacation until later in the summer. That will give me more time to get up there a few times prior and learn all the trails too.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
The weather in village is usually warm or even hot around that time, although there are some days of rain. I'm counting on being up there camping around that time.