Quantcast

Whistler....

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
....so is it all it's cracked up to be? is it worth a $1000+ summer vacation trip ?

i have never done downhill. only bmx for 22 years and mtbmx for 2.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
....so is it all it's cracked up to be? is it worth a $1000+ summer vacation trip ?

i have never done downhill. only bmx for 22 years and mtbmx for 2.
Yes if you are gonna actually ride the mountain. Not say'in you ain't. Just say'in yo.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It's heaven.
I took to a big bike and the mountain right away. There's also a huge indoor foam pit/ramps, awesome dirt jumps, and a skatepark. Go there.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
What everyone else said: if you ride the mountain yes, if not the dirt jumps and skate park aren't the best in the world and I don't think the Elevation Jumps will be built this year. There are a lot of other bike parks in BC also where you could get more bang for your buck, but most of those places don't have the cool vibe and night life that Whistler has.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
the mountain is where it's at, the dj scene there isn't too impressive, but that's not my thing, i'm a downhill guy. i was depressed after leaving whistler and riding my local trails again, everything around here seems so easy and boring.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah there is something for everyone get yourself something like a transition double and rock the A-line, crank it up, and freight train on the upper mountain first those are just fast flowy bmx like downhill trails...

once you get used to the big mtn feel start hitting up the other blue trails...

if you have never ridden downhill id say some of the upper garbanzo stuff might be tough on you and not as much fun there is something for everyone there...