Quantcast

Whistler

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Showtime said:
That would be off the top of the rock, heading to the right on Lower Dirt Merchant, if I am correct. Thats a big drop to end up in that position on! :dead: Yikes.

Ahhh..ok...I thought it was Schelyer. Now that I think about it, she wouldn't be taking the picture from that location if it was. She'd basically be in the bush. :)

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Velocity Girl said:
You're correct Showtime, it was the top (left) rock heading to the right at the Dirt Merchant drops....and yea, it's a decent distance to be taking a header!

left rock? I know of that one on the right hand side one after the wooden bridge, but I don't recall any rock drops on the left...is this a new section this year?

I'll check the other thread out...thanks.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
bibs said:
so what about after the crash?.....j/k so hes ok?kinda
After the crash I went and took a valium and chilled for the rest of the day. I ended up with a bruised hand, head, pride, and 1 broken rib.

But hey!! I got a new helmet out of the deal! :D

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Freak said:
After the crash I went and took a valium and chilled for the rest of the day. I ended up with a bruised hand, head, pride, and 1 broken rib.

But hey!! I got a new helmet out of the deal! :D
did you get another TLD?

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
Dang... sweet cherry pie, I went to whistler too, then drove to the bike festival at stanley park, then back up to whistler, alot of driving.

Acadian. This section is the new Lower dirt Merchant. It runs parrallel to "rippin rutabega".. it starts at the Rutabega rock drop.. they cut a new trail that exits right at the rock with a roll in bypass on far right, a lip to jump in, and of course the rock to drop in (approx six footer) it is immediately followed by a step up, then two small table tops, then a small step down/drop and it remerges with the Rutebega line just prior to the second hip jump on the right. There has been a significant expansion.. in many areas of the park, so when are you gettin your Quebecois behind out here to ride again..?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
gooch said:
I'll be there July 8th - 11th.......... Can't wait to check out the new stuff...
You still riding the V-10????
No I'm now on a Black DHR with RED decal set and black Boxxer. Hard to miss since there are no other other Black DHR's out there with a Red decal set.

shootr: ya for sure....I would love to go up to Seattle, then go rip the shore with you and Cory. I'll have to start looking into flights...I think they are pretty cheap. Heck, for out Whistler trip we're flying into Seattle and when I bought my tickets like a month ago I only paid $138 round trip from San Jose :thumb:

I was planning on going to the World Masters in Bromont in Sept, but I think I'm going to bail and save up for more shore/Seattle/whistler trips :cool: