Quantcast

white 888 on yellow sgs

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay fellas been thinking about getting a new fork and 888 is on the top of the list. its not set in stone, but its deffinatly being thought about. the color is the only problem with me. i know that if i want it bad enough the color wont matter just because its such a kick ass fork that i dont want the color to be the deciding factor in wheather i get the fork or not. so i want your opinion fellas white on yellow hows it gonna look. thanks for your help fellas. :thumb:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i say it is going to look tight, but black might actually look better. it is just going to make the yellow a little less of a stand out, what do you want the fork or the bike to stand out, white if you want the fork to, or black if you want the bike to u understand

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
my friend had a Cortina Joy Ride in yellow with a white Psylo on it and I thought it looked really nice FWIW...

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
im pritty shure that the 06 888 is in black with red decals that would look sick on a yellow bike

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Adam Novatt said:
im pritty shure that the 06 888 is in black with red decals that would look sick on a yellow bike
um, its white with red decals. looks at their website...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
dante said:
You guys going to have the espresso bar set up again at the show?
Just don't bring the busted old 'Bomber Girl' ya had at Eurobike.

-ska todd

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Brian Peterson said:
Mmmm.... I happen to know that there will be black 888RC2X's available in the states...

Brian
You just happen to know ALOT of stuff....whether or not you choose to reveal what you know.....that is a completely different story. :mumble:

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
I have a White V10 with a black 888 on it, I'd love the white, so here's my sugestion, buy the brand new white one and I'll trade you for my clapped out black one, ok then it's a deal , PM me for details ;)

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so white on yellow will be okay. okay so looks like im saving up and gonna have to talk to the boys at the bike shop. and dont worry when it gets put on youll have pics. thnks for the help fellas ill cya around.

Sep 10, 2001
bizutch said:
You just happen to know ALOT of stuff....whether or not you choose to reveal what you know.....that is a completely different story. :mumble:
Ahh... Young grasshopper... You haven't been paying attention to all of your studies... It is not what I choose to tell, but what I am allowed to tell. But according to some guy on MTBR, I don't know anything... :thumb:

Yes, the espresso bar will be in full effect...

Todd, what's up? You didn't like Stiffler's Mom?

Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay gonna do crash replacement in october and purchase the new 06 888. so just made my mind up like 2 mins ago so it will be put on in october so ill cya boys around. :thumb:

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dude this thing will blow your 40 outa the water. yeh yours has 40 mm stanchions but mine is time tested and better dampaning i think atleast. and its not bigger than my bike and it come with direct mount stem. :thumb: so take that stubby. :D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
the new fork or the bike with the fork on it. cause thats kinda vauge. but the new fork is on marzocchi's web site. you will have to wait till october for the fork on my bike. called the marzocchi techs today and said that they werent going to be out untill october so just enough time to save up money and trade in the super t and get the 888. :thumb:

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
frznnomad said:
dude this thing will blow your 40 outa the water. yeh yours has 40 mm stanchions but mine is time tested and better dampaning i think atleast. and its not bigger than my bike and it come with direct mount stem. :thumb: so take that stubby. :D
think about what you're saying... you just said that the 40 isn't time tested and that it has crappy damping. 40's rock. totally rival the 888. but i'm still a Marzocchi fan so 888's are waaayy better. :thumb: don't worry about the white against yellow on your bike dude. it'll be fine... and if it doesn't, then carl know a guy that could probably get your frame anodized black for cheap.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Gah! no white on yellow. I'm seeing it in my mind and it just doesn't look right. I've got a grey boxxer on my yellow sgs, but I just can't see white. Go with black.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dude stub i was kidding. sorry to offend you. and air addicti know that 40s are awsome forks dude. come on i was being sarcastic. okay.

now king thats what i was thinking sittin here picturing it in my mind i dont know. but i have an 04 super t that is grey too and it looks fine but im with you about the white. guess we will see and find out okay. if not then theres always powder coating black.