Quantcast

White Brothers 2005/2006?

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
I've had an 05 DH 2.0 on my Mountain Cycle 9.5 since September and it's definately my favorite fork I've had so far. I can't find any pictures on here though. As far as your questions, I believe they have a picture of the 2004 model on their site still, and the differences I know of are:

New 3 bolt lower crowns and way more stanction overlap.
I think they also have an extra set of bushings in the newer ones.
That stuff makes the fork stiff for an invert. I had 2 different monsters before this which were really stiff, and the only time I notice a difference is on the shore when I get stopped in a technical corner and have to get going again.

I think that's the main differences, although the new ones also have the newer White bros logo on laser etched on.

The adjustments on it let you go from really soft, linear race setup to a stiff progressive setup to anywhere in between. I found that they do way more than on my old marzocchis. The progressiveness adjustment works well, but it feels like it is a bit uneven, leaving the top 6 inches or so almost linear and then making the last bit really progressive, unlike my monsters where it could be setup as a smoother transition.

As far as other specs, its 7.8 lbs I believe and has 8 inches on travel.

One more thing.. the customer service at WB is by far the best I've ran into anywhere. I've sent off tech question emails at 6pm and gotten a response back in about 15 minutes. While the fork isn't quite as user friendly as some others, the tech support easily makes up for it... Ekosport definately the best company I've dealt with as far as that goes.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
i saw a kid that worked for them at deer valley with the air fork...looked nice. he liked it

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They've got an air fork still not set for release called the DHR. Standard 7 inch fork that weighs like negative 4598 grams or something. Either that or around 5 and some change.

The fork that curb rider has who gets goodies ahead of time was way stiffer than the other current DH2.0/1.8 forks around. The've got a lot more bushing/bushing contact going on. It was definitely the stiffest inverted fork I'd ever felt. If I were in the market and that's what the 06 forks are, it would be a contender.

9point5MY

Chimp
Aug 25, 2005
Espen said:
Any new features on these forks?
Are they like the 2004 models?
I am thinking about the 2.0
Specs, weight and Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Espen
Hey man,just got my 06 DH Groove 2.0 if you want a picture I can email it to you.Let me know or drop me an email.