Quantcast

white is more money....

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
As if e13 is the first company to even charge extra for different colors or more popular colors. . . some of you will complain about anything, huh?:plthumbsdown:

PDS RX

Monkey
Sep 11, 2007
Richmond VA
All the limited ones are extra:lighten:, because there is only one run of each color, and they are done with white. Now they have that ugly seafoam green which maches nothing.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I still don't see the point of these. If you care about weight enough to get the LG-1 then your frame probably won't have porky ISCG mounts. Hitting this on a regular ISCG mount is just going to bend them.

A chain and ring will hold up to any hit that an ISCG mount will take.

OilCanRacer

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
funny though i went into the shop last week and ordered a white since i needed one for the new build(which will have alot of WHITE).

anyways you will not notice since who washes their bikes that often.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
How?

Did they charge a premium for Bondi blue, or did they offer bit more coolness for your desk?

Now all of the "cool kids" are bitching about having color options.

When the opaque beige Superchargers come out, I'll get ya one.
I think that the MacBook in Black was over $100 over the white.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm giddy from lack of sleep. Flying sucks. Also, Canada is too cold.
"Use" the travel.

The random and many experiences you're blessed with in biking should be funneled into the next great design work within.

:cheers:

Edit: :Hits joint and heads for the sleeping hole:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Why not think of it that black is cheaper. Maybe because they make more in black.

Or, how about how much the limited run (prototype) colored superchargers went for on ebay a few years ago. I wanted a tranlucent red one but there was no way that I would pay that much for one. That just proved that people would pay extra for limited edition parts.

DW: can I get my own custom taco with an applique of the trucker mudflap woman on it?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
ok, ask yourself this. if white is such a big hit why only make one run of them? why not stock just as many as black???? everyone lovesssss white since its so fast and lite!!! make more white!!! ill buy my grandma one for christmas.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I still don't see the point of these. If you care about weight enough to get the LG-1 then your frame probably won't have porky ISCG mounts. Hitting this on a regular ISCG mount is just going to bend them.

A chain and ring will hold up to any hit that an ISCG mount will take.

Sorry, but your assumptions are totally wrong. good effort though.:poster_oops:

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
OMFG, ten bucks!! Next thing you'll tell me that they won't replace my bashgaurd if I scratch it on an obstacle...

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Sorry, but your assumptions are totally wrong. good effort though.:poster_oops:
You're going to trash your frame's ISCG mounts if you hit this thing hard enough.

Your chainring and chain will handle any hit that an ISCG mount will hold up to.

I'm all for E.13 chain guides and wouldn't run anything else, but these things need to go right over to the most unnecessary bike part thread.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
white is the combination of all colors in the visible spectrum....so, they prolly had to use way more color dye to get it white...thus, the increased cost.:monkeydance:

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
And your assumptions are correct because?
Because they aren't assumptions. Properly welded ISCG tabs will not bend or break upon the vast majority of hits they will encounter. You are far more likely to bend the spider of your cranks because they aren't made to take that kind of abuse, the kind ISCG tabs are designed to withstand. Worst case scenario something happens to the tabs, you get a BB mount tab and are good to go.

For the record, I have slammed my LG1 taco extremely hard on numerous occasions with no problems whatsoever. Most people would agree that they have stood up to plenty of abuse.