Quantcast

White Ranch and Ito

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So Ito blasted through town on his way to Nebraska. I met up at White Ranch to ride some of the Front Range goodness.

He got to the parking lot a little late because of the poor signage on the road - he went up to the upper lot first. :eek: As he was unloading his bike I stared skeptically at the rigid Surly singlespeed and remarked that I could've picked a not so climby trail had I known.

Of course I didn't need to worry. He promptly smoked my geared-bike ass all the way up Belcher Hill. :dead: We reached the top of the grunt and started down Mustang, which is the payoff for the climb.

And I promptly went over the bars in the rockiest part of the trail. :banghead: Forked up my wrist pretty well and gouged my knee up a bit. I have no idea what the Hell happened. It might have been that my seat was a bit too high. :o:

The Mustang downhill was muted a bit for me because of the crash, but I still couldn't keep up with the rigid singlespeeder. :rant: :rant: Then I promptly pinch-flatted in a flat rocky section. :rant: :rant: :rant: Got that taken care of and headed back down to the intersection with Belcher and the long fast DH back to the parking lot.

I still couldn't keep up with the kid. :rant:

Then we headed to GCB and had a pint of IPA. I had to make sure that my fukked up wrist would still do a 16oz curl. :cheers:

Ito will have to provide the pictures - he took a few, but I'm not sure when he'll have time to get them posted.

All in all a good ride, despite the mayhem. Ito is an A-1 good kid in my book. Hopefully he makes it back on his way through again some time.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
It might have been that my seat was a bit too high. :o:
You think?! You know....there's this really cool invention that *just* hit the market. It's a quick release seat post clamp. It makes it super easy to lower the seat, especially while you are standing at the top of Belcher wheezing and trying to get rid of the burning lungs. :clue: :bonk:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
You think?! You know....there's this really cool invention that *just* hit the market. It's a quick release seat post clamp. It makes it super easy to lower the seat, especially while you are standing at the top of Belcher wheezing and trying to get rid of the burning lungs. :clue: :bonk:
That makes it even worse. I *have* a QR clamp now. :o: I lowered the seat after going OTB.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
SkaredShtles said:
I get smoked alot. Now I can add singlespeeder to the growing list. :D
In addition to the running lady?

White Ranch was awesome, thanks Mike for showing me around. And you managed to ride more of the uphill than I did, I pushed a fair amount of those rocky climbs.

I'll try to get photos up when the trip ends.

The 8 hour drive to Lincoln was pretty uneventful except for an amazing lightning show I got to see. Fell asleep at a rest stop and then went into town to visit Monkey Wrench Cycles. Awesome shop, by far one of the coolest I've seen on this trip. They hooked it up with some coffee, pizza, and beer which was rad. Now it is pouring rain and I'm taking a smoke break at a friend's place in Omaha. Hopefully this storm clears a bit, but I doubt it.

Thanks again for the ride and the beer SS, I'll hit you up on my way back for sure. And thanks for making me sound like a rockstar biker.

Also, props to Fix Inc. and Maverick's in Boulder for providing directions and advice on local rides. Helped me out a ton.

The Ito

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In addition to the running lady?
I neglected to tell you about the out-of-shape shirtless fat dude who *walked* by me at Mt. Falcon. :o:

White Ranch was awesome, thanks Mike for showing me around. And you managed to ride more of the uphill than I did, I pushed a fair amount of those rocky climbs.
Says the guy on the *singlespeed*.... :rolleyes: :D

<snip>
Thanks again for the ride and the beer SS, I'll hit you up on my way back for sure. And thanks for making me sound like a rockstar biker.
I'll look forward to the return trip. I'll probably be in worse shape then. I make just about anyone look like a rock star biker.
:banghead:

ito

Oct 3, 2003
Bump for a photo or two.

SS at the end of one of the climbs. I don't remember exactly, but I think we kept going up....and up.

My bike waiting for SS at another top of the climb.

Giving myself a break and trying not to get too far ahead of SS. Also checking out the lovely scenery.

I think that gives a fair representation of the ride. Oh, we went downhill too, but I was too busy dropping SS's ass, fixing his bike and helping him up after crashing to take photos :monkeydance:

The Ito

ito

Oct 3, 2003
Don't be too hard on yourself... All of us that rode with Ito at the Kingdom Trails know he's on fast muthaf*cker!!!
My goal is to let everyone in America (or at least on ridemonkey) know. So keep preaching the word brother, keep preaching :clapping:

I'm in Rochester, NY now. Working at a coffee shop, maybe a hotel or a restaurant soon so I can make more money.

The Ito