Quantcast

White, Republican Jesus Day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More construction with some errands mixed in. Planning to install a fan today. Maybe get all of the stuff that's been removed together and listing it for sale. What we can't sell will go to Habitat for Humanity.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am in ur hospitalz reading ur studiez today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Going to try and start designing my work bench today. Have a feeling that will take a bit to get right for everything I want out of it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got out early for a 16 mile run, but not early enough apparently. The heat and humidity were awful. :dead: I still managed a 7:10 pace, so it was a good run. Nao I has tireds. Bike ride later after brunch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Goob morning!

Anyone got good riding headband recommendations? I spend 75% of the ride drowning in my own sweat feeling like my eyes have been maced.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Goob morning!

Anyone got good riding headband recommendations? I spend 75% of the ride drowning in my own sweat feeling like my eyes have been maced.
Just pull that long hair of yours around the front of your forehead and tie it up there! A front bun, if you will.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Goob morning!

I've been using Halo headbands for a while and like them real well. They have a rubber gasket that you position along your forehead, which seems to really divert sweat away from your eyes and such. There's also a version that ties behind your head, in case your head is muy grande and the one size all doesn't actually fit your noggin.

My buddy Hirsch switched to the Sweat Buster and swears by it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Another warm day ahead. Hung out with the @stoney yesterday for a bit and bleed a few brakes for him. Also offloaded 4 dh DHFs which were cluttering up the garage, to go along with his old yeti 6.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Google says 20% chance of rain today while mother nature says fuck you and it's raining. Couple small projects to knock out today but should be mellow. It's damn cold for being July.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i have a sneaking suspicion that the coronavirus killed the gmt wingdings

got in a good ride despite being in shit shape and it already being in the mid 90s. not sure what lies ahead...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've been using Halo headbands for a while and like them real well. They have a rubber gasket that you position along your forehead, which seems to really divert sweat away from your eyes and such. There's also a version that ties behind your head, in case your head is muy grande and the one size all doesn't actually fit your noggin.

My buddy Hirsch switched to the Sweat Buster and swears by it.
Don't forget, repositioning a head band by just a few inches turns it into a drool bib.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yesterday my wife went to stay with her mother for the week and took our youngest with her. I'm home with my 9 y.o.

I left him at home this morning and went for a ride. It rained a shit ton overnight, but the trails needed it so aside from the rocks and roots being a bit slick it was fine. Humid AF though. Only feels like 85, but I was drenched in sweat within 10 minutes. I am le fatigué.

Going out riding again with the boy. It'll be his first ride with a suspension fork. He seems keen. Need to get off the couch now.

Now?

Soon.

Ok I'm up.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I am using Halo headbands for years and they are awesome! The tied version doesn't stay put for me though, too weirdly shaped head I suppose.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Another shoutout for Halo.
I am at risk to drown in my own sweat.
Halo headbands, whilst not perfect are much better than anything else I have tried. You can overwhelm them with sweat volume, but the little rubber dam does its job and directs the drips away from your eyes.

Have banged several times, and would hit it again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Another shoutout for Halo.
I am at risk to drown in my own sweat.
Halo headbands, whilst not perfect are much better than anything else I have tried. You can overwhelm them with sweat volume, but the little rubber dam does its job and directs the drips away from your eyes.

Have banged several times, and would hit it again.
Glad to hear it. Ordered one up.

These days I'm drenched post ride. Like every bump its raining down my face. Makes it hard to ride.

I need a rigid fork. 1-1/8" straight
Trials bike?