Quantcast

Whiteface 5 K DH Official results and podium photos

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Neko Mulally wins the Whiteface 5 K DH with a blistering time of 7.48.15.

Only 3 others broke the 8 minute mark. Geritt Beytagh 2nd at 7.50.85, Jurgen Beneke 3rd with a 7.52.10 and Jason Memmelaar with a time of 7.58.28. Local Heikki Hall takes 5th place with 8.03.41 and Chris Heath came in just behind Heikki with a 6th place finish for the 5 K DH, and wins the U.S.A.Cycling's Innagaural Pro Gravity Tour.

On the Pro Womens side Dawn Bourque once again won the 5 K DH with a very fast time of 9.41.29. Karen Eagan came in 2nd with a time of 10.05.50, Alexandra Lacroix 3rd at 12.35.50, Jennifer Wolf from Mammoth Lakes, Ca. at 12.36.25 and Stephanie Gobernat 5th with a time of 12.36.53.

Richie Rude at only 14 years old had the fastest amateur time of the day and won $200.00 courtesy of Giant Bicycles with the time of 8.17.80.

Official results for the 5 k dh can be found HERE

Podium, hot seat and race village photos being uploaded now in the 4th Annual 5 K DH photo album on www.downhillmike.com

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
We want to thank all that came to our race this year. We had more racers than ever before, local hotels and restaurants were packed with downhillers, and we had by far the busiest week ever at the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park.

We have some very big plans for the future of the bike park and our baby steps have just gotten a bit bigger. All this will make sure Whiteface is here to stay and be able to put on some very big events in the future. Look out gravity world as this is just the beginning!

From our entire crew THANK YOU ALL!

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Great event as always Mike...

I smashed my foot (broke a toe or two) and bent my cranks into my frame on Sat.

Took a quali run on Sunday but had to stop twice and rest since my foot felt like it was gonna explode. I headed home right after that run since it was way to painful to ride again in the final.

then someone called to tell me a qualified second with a 8:19 or something... can anyone confirm this? I am beginning to think i should have stayed and just cruised a safe run for a decent result.

awesome to see Neko killing it this year, and i hope a good team realizes the potential this kid has and gets him out on a full world cup season next .

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
saw the DNS, didn't know why. Sorry to hear about your foot. How did you stack your cranks?

open slope at the top... doubled one of the big holes going into the first big muddy right hander and fit a large rock that was buried in the mud when i landed.

hard enough to push my heal into my spokes and my crank arm into the frame/swingarm. my foot took the whole impact and my pedal does not even have a scratch on it.