Quantcast

Whiteface during IronMan?!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm looking to head up to Whiteface for a little DH action on the 26-27th with a couple of buddies :D, but it turns out that's the friggin IronMan weekend :think:. All the hotels and campsites are freakin' booked :rant: My buddies need to bring their wives and kids if this is going to happen. Anyone have a "secret" stash they can suggest?

I'm kinda tired of Bromont and really want to try Whiteface out....

grrrrr

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Yeah, I 'm not too happy about it either. We are open 7 days a week though.
During the Ironman competition all Olympic Regional Development Authority venues are closed for the day due to the many road closures. That includes Whiteface, the ski jumping facility, the bob and luge runs, etc. So no downhilling, bobsled runs, street luge, ice skating or ski jumping for that day only. Arrggggg!!

The Friday and Saturday before the Ironman are always super fun days at Whiteface. Since it can be hard on your body and bike to ride Whiteface 3 days in a row, here's an idea if you can find a room or campsite; ride Friday and Saturday and party like crazy on the streets of Lake Placid on Sunday. From 7:00 am till midnight it's a big party on Ironman Sunday. I ride my big bike through town and get funny looks from the tri-geeks. Maybe this year I'll wear my armor while cruising through town?

Last edited: