Quantcast

whiteface mountain press release

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
ORDA Mountain Biking Season Officially Concludes Oct. 10

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. – A long, glorious mountain biking season will draw to an end on Monday, October 10, according to a release Wednesday from the New York Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA).

Mountain biking, conducted by High Peaks Cyclery in Lake Placid, has been offered on the alpine trails at Whiteface as well as the cross country trail network at the Verizon Sports Complex since May.

Whiteface will operate Friday through Monday (Oct. 7-10), while the schedule at the Verizon Sports Complex offers this activity Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 8-9).

These venues present mountain biking in different settings. At Whiteface, riders can use lower elevation trails as well as a more strenuous experience by taking the Cloudsplitter gondola to the Excelsior trail and others.

The Verizon Sports Complex presents an idyllic experience over some gentler terrain.

However, at this time of year with fall foliage nearing its peak, both locations offer brilliant leaf-peeping to accompany the riding.

To enhance the end-of-season setting, High Peaks Cyclery at Whiteface is having a sale of this year’s rental bikes. In addition, other equipment and accessories are priced to sell, including several giant warps and some specialized big hits.

For more information on mountain biking at both facilities and these sale items, please call 518-523-3764 or log on to www.highpeaksma.com.

-ORDA-

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
a few weeks ago i spoke to te c.e.o. of orda, about renewing the contract at the end of this season. so we can prevent all the b.s. that happened last year at the last minute. the owner of h.p.c. just got back from interbike all excited about next year too. i want to have that meeting next week if possible. we will go for a multi-year contract with a race series ans as many events that we can think of. once the contract is signed we can start on some work that we had to wait until the last minute this season.
after just getting back from snowshoe elias and myself found some great stuff that's both in our budgets and possible with our available manpower. i also want an o.k. for us to pay volunteers with lift tickets. and if we can use a 4 wheeler for trail maintenance. all things that will happen for next year.

as soon as i know i will post all info regarding next year. also we should be at diablo or plattekill all remaining weekends of this season. see ya around.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
sounds good Mike! keep us updated on how things are looking for next year!

MOD: Maybe a Whiteface-specific forum should be in the works shortly?

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Are ya gonna be at the Diablo race on the 23 Mike??? You need to enter speedy!!!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
woof said:
Are ya gonna be at the Diablo race on the 23 Mike??? You need to enter speedy!!!
yes.this will be my 1st race, hopefully there will be an old guy class. elias will race expert class. i'm looking forward to it big time.