Quantcast

Whiteface Opening Weekend/Kyle Ebbett Jump Jam

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Whiteface opens for the season on Friday June 18th.

On Saturday June 19th from 5:00 pm till dark (9:00 pm) please come to upstate New York and enjoy the Kyle Ebbett & Friends Jump Jam. The Jump Jam will be open to all, but we do expect to see some big name dirt jumpers too.. Prizes from our sponsors will go to whichever categories Kyle decides. During the Jump Jam there will also be a pro trials show and a showing of a bike film (riders choice from the Facebook poll). No charge!

2 miles from Whiteface Mountain Bike Park

On Sunday June 20th at 12 noon Whiteface Mountain Bike Park will host it's 1st Super D race of the season. This will be an amazing course that any type of mountain bike can be used (unlike our dh track).

Come one come all!

See ya at The Face

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
To make this weekend complete we may as well throw in a pump track challenge on Saturday June 19th at noon.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've noted it in my calendar. Hope to make it out, that would be dope. thanks for the info.

edited to add: as I was flipping through my calendar I realised that's still so far away :(

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
More details got finalized yesterday.
The band Damaged Goods will perform at the Jump Jam.
Sam Perkins and friends will put on the pro trials show (others are welcome to participate).

The film shown will be all local footage.

Note. The Jump Jam will also be open to all.

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
This really doesn't apply to us, but there is also an uphill road race that goes 3,500 feet up the whiteface Memorial Highway on Saturday June 19. That event alone attracts over 300 cyclists.

This event is now a combined effort from the Whiteface Mountain Bike Park and the town of Wilmington who is putting on the road race. I am picturing 500 cyclists + in Wilmington for the weekend of June 19/20.

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Is this the motel that you know the owners?
Come April/May I will be making deals with all motels/hotels in Wilmington for the Bike n Stay deals. You may want to call the motel back after we strike a deal to see if you can get your lift ticket included with your room. My guess is they may charge you a few bucks more, but it would save you some money in the long run.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Why does Whiteface open so late? I hope to have a month of riding at Bromont by then. Does the mountain not open the Gondola until then?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That sounds awesome Mike! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with sponsorship on this one. I will certainly throw in some softgoods merch for prizes and free tech support. I can't wait to spend more time at Whiteface this season!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
That sounds awesome Mike! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out with sponsorship on this one. I will certainly throw in some softgoods merch for prizes and free tech support. I can't wait to spend more time at Whiteface this season!

That's all we needed to hear. You are now an official sponsor for the Wilmington Bike Festival.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That's all we needed to hear. You are now an official sponsor for the Wilmington Bike Festival.
YAY.
p.s.
We make super awesome wicked light road bikes too. Can you ask the spandex brigade if we can offer one of our frames as a prize for the hillclimb? People love those things. The top Jr finisher would be great. Not nearly enough kids race bikes of any kind, but especially road these days.

Last edited:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
No we are staying in Lake Placid to avoid getting a DWI and to drink all the beer the town has to offer.

His place is right around the corner from the mountain. The Whiteface Chalet, his name is John, you should talk to him.

www.whitefacechalet.com
Everything is happening in Wilmington this year. To practice safe driving it would be best to stay in Wilmington. $59.00 Bike n Stays!!!!!!!!!!
Note. Bike n Stay packages include your $35.00 Whiteface lift ticket and a nice room in Wilmington. 1 place even throws in a great hot breakfast.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Staying in Lake Placid to keep the ladies happy and off our backs while we ride all day.

Lasy year on our man trip we stayed in the lean to's at the KOA and got 100% out of control around the campfire and cliff jumping. That was a great trip!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Well since I live in Lake Placid I can give you a ride back to town after the Jump Jam. You can't miss that.