Quantcast

Whiteface opening weekend roll call

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Whiteface is opening up on Friday the 18th. Is anyone going to be there for the weekend? Lots of stuff going on at Whiteface, Wilmington and in Lake Placid.

I'm heading up there Thursday morning for a long weekend of riding, drinking and having fun. It looks like our group will be 5-6 riders.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thinking about it. It's a long trip from bawston and i probably won't be traveling with anybody unless w00dy all of a sudden gets a new jarb. where are you staying?

Downhillmike are you still offering camping or no dice?

I seem to go every other year and always have a good time...vodka by the fire etc.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
3 of us from Spooky are heading out Friday morning. We'll have some demo bikes and snackfoods for y'all. We're also building a DS track for proper FreeRacing. Brrap brraap brrap. I have absolutely no intention of taking anything seriously. The Adirondacks in Mid-June. How can you say no?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
It's a long trip from bawston and i probably won't be traveling with anybody unless w00dy all of a sudden gets a new jarb. where are you staying?

We are staying in Lake Placid at the Haus, got a good deal on the room. Bringing the ladies with us so town is the best choice for us since they need to shop and bar hop.

The Whiteface Chalet is run by a guy from Buffalo, he has good rates and it is close to the mountain. We would be staying there if someone in our group was responsible.

http://www.whitefacechalet.com/

Woodie should make the trip, what a fag.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I want to, but like Sammich, it's a long ass drive, and I'd probably have to do it solo.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
thinking about it. It's a long trip from bawston and i probably won't be traveling with anybody unless w00dy all of a sudden gets a new jarb. where are you staying?

Downhillmike are you still offering camping or no dice?

I seem to go every other year and always have a good time...vodka by the fire etc.
Sorry as I cannot offer camping at my cabin any longer. Last week I met with all the motel owners in Wilmington, and there are some killer deals again this season. $59.00 for a nice room, your daily lift pass (1 place includes a hot breakfast).

In the future I will offer free camping to all of our customers at my cabin, but just can't do it this year. I will still have the after dh parties here though.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Looks like El Dooder and I will be up. I'll be on a black Draco with a 2010 Boxxer, and he'll be the tall mo-fo on a black NS hardtail. Come say hi.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I just started loading the trailer with tons of swag and merch. We're moving at the end of the month into a big fancy factory- that means free stuff for people who are smart enough to head to Whiteface this weekend.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I heard Whiteface has an insane new trail builder who builds better trails than anyone else on earth. I might even have to make the 16 hour drive to ride these trails built by this new trail builder. :D

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
My NE show up to blow up tour begins june 25...can't wait! Mills has been calling me with daily updates and he nearly convinced me to just go ahead and roll up there.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Oh, and Mickey, what are you going to have available to demo? :)
We'll have a few slalom frames, a road bike or two and a bunch of XC bikes.
A very nice and grizzled old machinist gave us a vintiage but servicable Bridgeport Series 2 cnc yesterday, so perhaps by the next time we head to whiteface we will have some FS bikes to demo.

A set of prototype machine parts for either of our SplitPivot bikes quotes out at $7k. When yer broke, ya need to DIY!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
We'll have a few slalom frames, a road bike or two and a bunch of XC bikes.
A very nice and grizzled old machinist gave us a vintiage but servicable Bridgeport Series 2 cnc yesterday, so perhaps by the next time we head to whiteface we will have some FS bikes to demo.

A set of prototype machine parts for either of our SplitPivot bikes quotes out at $7k. When yer broke, ya need to DIY!
Sick. I want a go on one of the slalom bikes.