Quantcast

WhiteFace Region Riders

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
YO i was wondering if there were any High school riders up here who wanted to start a riding crew so we could car pool to whiteface and build some trails of our own.

pm me interested in starting a crew :monkey:

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Yo dude. We will welcome you to Whiteface and are starting to get a lot of local high schoolers from S.L., T.L., L.P. and all the way to E-Town.
However, no new trails can be built without approval from ORDA.

We may need some help with our pump track and def. with raking all of the trails in the next few weeks.

We are even trying to get a local race series approved. There would be no charge to race just the lift ticket needed to ride.

If you were talking about trails in the Wilmington Wild Forest Area there are already a few volunteer days planned for that network of x-c trails.

I can def. help you out with the guys coming from E-Town and Peru.

We have been building some pretty cool stuff and have more in the works.

Double teeter on the North East Shore

Log ride above the double teeter. Step up, skinnies and wall rides planned for this year!

www.downhillmike.com for all mountain biking at Whiteface

Jun 13, 2007
jay,ny
kool, i go to kcs and know a few other kids who would like to help build at whiteface keep me updated on when there will be building going on we would love to help

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
I will be there every day starting by May 10th.
or e-mail me at info@downhillmike.com

Better yet have your principal e-mail me and we may be able to get some kind of school discount for good grades or something like that.

Even if there any bad kids doing community service we could use the help.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I will be there every day starting by May 10th.
or e-mail me at info@downhillmike.com

Better yet have your principal e-mail me and we may be able to get some kind of school discount for good grades or something like that.

Even if there any bad kids doing community service we could use the help.
Dude, you are killing me. Please, please, please get a video camera. Record, download, post and repeat!!!!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Can you believe I just learned how to use the "insert picture" tab. I would upload them for years and I have so many in their gallery I had to re-size down to like 100 x 50 thumbnail to get it to work.

Look out as I will be adding tons of pictures soon. I will start an album for the work we are doing this season.

This picture was taken by ORDA photogragher Aaron Hobson. The way we got in trouble was we arranged the photo shoot and we do not work for ORDA. But I was driving down the mountain 1 day and noticed the Whiteface winter crew just plowed this gap in the road.
I asked Elias if he could jump it and called Aaron that evening. Aaron was stoked and waiting for us at 8:00 am the next morning. Turns out it was an un-authorized photo shoot. Also turns out that after that we did get in trouble with upper management, but gained the respect of the entire Whiteface crew. They couldn't believe we did it.
We must be careful now to protect what we have. I have learned, but hey we got this killer shot on Pink Bike pod.

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Here's a few more pictures I dug up.

Kevin Balay at the stream crossing and Elias Ingraham on the dirt jumps.

This was taken by Viscous Dh'er (banned from this site) the day of our 1st Annual 5 K DH. I forgot the name of the hurricane that surrounded Whiteface but it stayed dry the whole day.

This is me almost hitting the birch tree. Notice to my left the 8 foot drop with the wooden transition. There is a sweet berm after that drop now.

Our good friend Jonny Mayr at the stream crossing. That was 2 year ago and now Jon has a real dh bike. That's when we rented Warps. Yikes!

Man I do love the riding at Whiteface! These pictures are getting me stoked to ride Whiteface!

If I do not reply for a while I will not have any internet access till mid May?
Thanks and see ya at the face