Quantcast

Whiteface: Upcoming races and events

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Thursday July 2nd at 1:00 pm is our 1st dh race for our mini dh series.

Cost will be $10.00 to enter for everyone. The $10.00 covers your 1 day usac permit (if needed), and if you have license it will still cost you 10 bucks to race. We did these last year on Thursdays and they were big fun. Maybe 10 or 15 racers and a fast course on the lower mountain.

We have a mini dh series, mini ds series and a mini x-c series on Thursday afternoons this year. Starting with the dh, followed by a ds and then x-c races for every Thursday in July and August. All events show up excellent on our events calendar:http://www.downhillmike.com/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=1&task=view_month&day=1&month=7&year=2009&mod_cal_year=2009&mod_cal_month=7
Saturday July 4th is our 1st Ladies Day of the year. Free lift tickets for all women (coupon needed).

See ya at The Face

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I just might have to make it up for the Thursday race. I should be free.

Is it still the same style course as the 5k just on the lower section?

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
We will be releasing racers at probably 30 second increments. That will be decided by the turn out. The course will be short (1 or 2 course marshals instead of 27), timed with stop watches by us, officiated by Elias who is a USAC official, and you can even use our shuttle bus to get to the start. We will have expert to beginner categories. Awards will be at the series final only on August 13. Prizes to the top 3 finishers in each age bracket and category.
Thinking about using our trail # 12? recently renamed to Opiate. Yea, a race down Opiate. Cool I'm there!
Our 5 k is a blast, unique, huge and gnarly. This will be way different but just as much fun.
We are trying to get more people into racing with these low key and inexpensive mini usac race series. We have tons of tourists and plenty of kids here in the summer. Most of the registrants sign up that morning when we tell them at the ticket counter, but all are welcome to race.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
We will be releasing racers at probably 30 second increments. That will be decided by the turn out. The course will be short (1 or 2 course marshals instead of 27), timed with stop watches by us, officiated by Elias who is a USAC official, and you can even use our shuttle bus to get to the start. We will have expert to beginner categories. Awards will be at the series final only on August 13. Prizes to the top 3 finishers in each age bracket and category.
Thinking about using our trail # 12? recently renamed to Opiate. Yea, a race down Opiate. Cool I'm there!
Our 5 k is a blast, unique, huge and gnarly. This will be way different but just as much fun.
We are trying to get more people into racing with these low key and inexpensive mini usac race series. We have tons of tourists and plenty of kids here in the summer. Most of the registrants sign up that morning when we tell them at the ticket counter, but all are welcome to race.
That sounds great, count me in for this Thursday. I am all about a fairly local, cheap race.

I was just asking what the course was like to see if I should race with the 303R.

We'll make it a full day of riding with a race in between!

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Awesome! That's the idea. Hopefully you'll have some good Canadian competetion. Small but international.