Quantcast

Who are these "guests" you speak of?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just noticed the little side bar that shows who is online. says there are 153 members and 1,142 guests? There are actually over 1000 people lurking? WTF?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
i´d bet the random picture thread, the harbl thread and the random gif thread make up for most of those lurkers...
Actually, the DH forum makes up the biggest part of the lurkers. The harbl & random picture thread have a lot of views, but it pales in comparison to total views in the DH forum.

To the meat man: yep. It means there are 1k people lurking. Many are referrals from Teh Goog, but a pretty good number are direct hits of people who just don't have accounts or aren't signed in.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's what I figured, it just seemed like a high number of lurkers, but I've never looked at site traffic like you do.

I guess I'm the type if I check out a message board more than a hand full of times, I will just sign up so I can at least engage in useless banter.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
That's what I figured, it just seemed like a high number of lurkers, but I've never looked at site traffic like you do.

I guess I'm the type if I check out a message board more than a hand full of times, I will just sign up so I can at least engage in useless banter.
For every one of you there are hundreds that won't ever sign up until they have a direct problem they can't figure out, hence all the "long time lurker, first time poster" threads.

Unless there is something like the nsfw subforum hidden from unregistered users.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I always forget just how many stupid message boards I signed up for until my birthday. :rofl:

"Happy Birthday from Russian Brides Forum..."

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Here's two. My son and his buddies have been killing themselves over the random pic thread...

This pic will also be posted to the random pic thread....in 700 pages they will have an Inception moment.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Actually, the DH forum makes up the biggest part of the lurkers. The harbl & random picture thread have a lot of views, but it pales in comparison to total views in the DH forum.

To the meat man: yep. It means there are 1k people lurking. Many are referrals from Teh Goog, but a pretty good number are direct hits of people who just don't have accounts or aren't signed in.
Wait... there's a DH forum? :confused:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz

Perhaps a song about my crabs will get them to come out of hiding and tell me who they really are.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
huh... I never would've guessed there's enough useable information on this website to draw in lurkers. Isn't there some way of telling what people were searching for when a search engine links to your website? BV?