Quantcast

Who bought Team America on DVD yesterday?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was there when Tower Records opened. Picked up Steve Zissou as well...

AMERICA, FVCK YEAH!

If you haven't heard the soundtrack, by the way, it's entirely worth the purchase, just to hear all the words to "America, **** Yeah!" It actually gets funnier than the refrain.

MD

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
MikeD said:
I was there when Tower Records opened. Picked up Steve Zissou as well...

AMERICA, FVCK YEAH!

If you haven't heard the soundtrack, by the way, it's entirely worth the purchase, just to hear all the words to "America, **** Yeah!" It actually gets funnier than the refrain.

MD
Picked up The Life Aquatic the other day. Looking forward to watching it again.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ROCKLAND said:
Picked up The Life Aquatic the other day. Looking forward to watching it again.
I got a second chance to catch it in the theater when I travelled to New Zealand. Was worth it.

Definitely came off as rough and silly to a lot of people...but that's sort of the point. It's about the nexus of childhood dreams and the realities of life and aging, and isn't really supposed to be taken literally or "seriously," yet it makes serious points about life. I found that most people I've spoken to didn't like it on grounds of it being a little too strange/inaccessible for Joe Public and too unselfconscious for some of the "serious" moviegoers.

MD

PS: The "End of an Act" theme from Team America is maybe the best song of last year..."I miss you more than Michael Bey missed the mark/When he made 'Pearl Harbor'"

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
MikeD said:
I got a second chance to catch it in the theater when I travelled to New Zealand. Was worth it.

Definitely came off as rough and silly to a lot of people...but that's sort of the point. It's about the nexus of childhood dreams and the realities of life and aging, and isn't really supposed to be taken literally or "seriously," yet it makes serious points about life. I found that most people I've spoken to didn't like it on grounds of it being a little too strange/inaccessible for Joe Public and too unselfconscious for some of the "serious" moviegoers.

MD

PS: The "End of an Act" theme from Team America is maybe the best song of last year..."I miss you more than Michael Bey missed the mark/When he made 'Pearl Harbor'"
Wes Anderson's movies are great. My gf is a big fan and would purchase each of his films, since Bottle Rocket, when released - then buy 'em again if a Criterion Edition dvd was released. The Criterion's would always have all the artwork from the movies. I believe that Anderson's brother does all the art.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I was gonna run out and pick up a copy but I haven't used my car in a while and decided to keep the no car streak going. I won't be able to watch it for a few days anyway.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
who the hell buys DVD's?

how many times can you watch the same movie?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
pnj said:
who the hell buys DVD's?

how many times can you watch the same movie?
Team America World Police? i've already seen it twice, i'll probably see it 20 more times until i'm dead or something. Besides i can masturbate to the puppet sex scene. oops did i really type that?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I thought that Anderson was sucking his own dick a little with Life Aquatic. Having said that, I have seen it a couple of times and enjoyed it, but it's no Rushmore.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Silver said:
I thought that Anderson was sucking his own dick a little with Life Aquatic. Having said that, I have seen it a couple of times and enjoyed it, but it's no Rushmore.
agreed....

wait a minute i've never seen Rushmore..... :think:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I bought Team America World Police like 5 months ago from some korean lady on Canal Street. :blah:

It doesnt seem to be one of the better quality DVD's out there. :think:

"Hons Brwicks"

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
mack once again you amaze me. The DVD officially came out yesterday so you bought a bootleg, probably videotaped on a cheap camcorder in the theatre. Hence the poo-poo quality.

Buy the real thing.