Quantcast

Who calls at 8 fricken A.M!

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I was sound asleep when I was woken up by my cell phone at 8:00 this morning. I look at it and it says I have two missed calls from the same number, though I didn't recognize the number. Last two times someone called me at this time was to tell me that my Grandpa died, and then to tell me that my dog was going to be put down, so finding that I had two missed calls was scaring the crap out of me. As I went to the living room to return the call I was thinking that my dad or brother-in-law had died or something terrifying like that. I called the number... and it was the PS Blood Bank trying to make an appointment!:mumble: For Christ's sake, don't call anyone at that time unless it's really, really important. Gave me a freaking heart attack over nothing.:mad:

chicodude said:
careful grandpa, you could have a stroke if you get too worked up.
I'm going to have an aneurism and will make sure that my head explodes in your immediate vicinity, splattering you with festering senile cells, saliva and blood filled with aging hormones. You will shrivel like a grape on a hotplate!
:nuts:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm going to have an aneurism and will make sure that my head explodes in your immediate vicinity, splattering you with festering senile cells, saliva and blood filled with aging hormones. You will shrivel like a grape on a hotplate!

Oh yea.....Well.......GOOD.

:oink:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My buddy calls me really early on weekends, just to piss me off.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
johnbryanpeters said:
Ummm, yuck. :blah:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

8:00 is *late*......... :think:
not if you're a student. :mumble:
Don't get me wrong, I've worked plenty of midnight shifts, I know what it's like to live a night life. I just never get calls at this time unless it's really bad news.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
blt2ride said:
No kidding. People, who don't work the night shift, typically wake up before 8:00 a.m.
My roommate just woke up half an hour ago. I typically wake up around 8, unless I have class at 8, but nobody calls then.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DRB said:
I have clients all around the globe and get calls at all hours of the day and night. So you getting an 8am call really gets my sympathy up.
Don't you hate that? It drives me insane when i am half asleep, they barely speak english, and it's for some retarded problem. 3 hours minimum, now let me get back to sleep.

Worst however, was when I live din Boulder. I have a govt contractor who wa sa client, and ran 24hrs a day. They'd call at 4am because the "operator" couldn't figure out how to reboot his system, or the owner couldn't get his email. Dear lord, i love my 3 hour minimum for nonsense.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Whaaaaa!!!

Come on, most of the world is up by 8 am and if they are not, they TURN OFF THEIR FRIGGIN PHONES!!

Hell, my ringer is off most of the time anyway.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
OGRipper said:
Whaaaaa!!!

Come on, most of the world is up by 8 am and if they are not, they TURN OFF THEIR FRIGGIN PHONES!!

Hell, my ringer is off most of the time anyway.
Wow, my apologies for thinking someone I loved was dead... :rolleyes: