Quantcast

Who can compare Swinger Air to DHX Air?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I'm curious about how these two differ in feel. I know they've got different approaches to doing a similar task, but it seems like the Fox may be a little better suited to more aggressive riding. I have a swinger 4-way currently, and have been fairly impressed with what it can do, and may consider a DHX in the future, but more importantly I am planning to use 4 DHX Airs on a miniature F1 car (600lb weight with driver,) and wanted to know what I can expect.

So, if you've used both of these shocks on the same bike, I'd appreciate it if you'd post your thoughts.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Well hell! I run a fox DHX 5.0, but I can't compare it to a 4-way because I have never ridden one! My Buddy has though, and he likes it as about as much I dig on mine! I say..... GO FOR THE FOX!!!!

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
i use the dhx air on my 223 and previously i had a swinger 4way coil.
its a sweet shock the only ting i would take over it is the cane creek db.
its a great shock just like a coil wide tuning range i could make it feel like any of my previous shocks.

but why use mtb shocks on a mini f1 car why not their atv float shock

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Yeah F1 cars have like 5mm of suspension movement. A proper ATV shock would be too long - heck even the MTB ones are massive for the application.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
yeah, the car is only going to be using around 3" of axle travel, and the shocks will be under much less stress than on a MTB.

Anyone else owned both shocks though?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I've ridden both, plus i've had a swinger coil and dhx air on the same bike. Dhx doesn't ramp up near as much, but soooooooo much smoother, epscially early in the travel. Its really linear though, even with the volume adjust all the way in. platform on the swingers is a little ....more?
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited: