Quantcast

Who cares about Tupac?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was just wondering. I liked some of his raps, but he was no Chuck D or Dr. Dre.

I wonder if he was still alive, he would have become another MC Hammer?

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I think he was a far greater artist than Dr. Dre or anyone for that matter. Probably better than most realize. He wrote alot more than rap and such.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think he was a far greater artist than Dr. Dre or anyone for that matter. Probably better than most realize. He wrote alot more than rap and such.
Chuck D is a popular speaker on the college circuit (I saw him speak once), and how often is PE sampled?

Besides NWA and his own career, he basically launched Snoop Dogg and Emimen, as well as restarting Tupac's career.

Tupac might be better than I realize, but he does not compare to the pillars of the rap world.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Don't and did not listen to tupac.

I liked Cobain, but lost interest after a while. His death was not a huge dissapointment IMO.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Chuck D is a popular speaker on the college circuit (I saw him speak once), and how often is PE sampled?

Besides NWA and his own career, he basically launched Snoop Dogg and Emimen, as well as restarting Tupac's career.

Tupac might be better than I realize, but he does not compare to the pillars of the rap world.
Say what you want about how sh1tty rap is...

BUT..

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2006-09-14T013132Z_01_L13904437_RTRUKOC_0_US-LIFE-MUSIC.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i think Elvis probably benefitted from ripping people off more than anyone. ok, maybe tied with Sean Combs.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
A college professor of mine once had the opportunity to interview Chuck D. She had been trying to get in touch with him for months, and at some point he finally returned her call at 4am. I wish I still had the notes from that class, as the interview had some interesting stuff.

I don't care much for 'pac, but I'll take his stuff anyday over crap from DMX.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yall aren't white are you?
Why did I know someone would bring race into this? What does it matter? If something sucks, it sucks. Black, white, blue, green pink or red, if it sucks, it sucks.

You know what Kurt Cobains last words were?
"Hey Courtney, is this thing loaded?"
Should have added him to the overrated list awhile back, but he sucks so much that I completely forgot about him.