Quantcast

Who cares about Tupac?

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
From a "Type O-Negative" album that was released after his death - "Don't mistake lack of talent for genius".
I love it. Kurt Cobain was only one of many people who had an influence on the grunge scene. I feel like early Soundgarden was way more interesting than most Nirvana stuff. Had he stayed alive, he would have been a dime a dozen junky who'd probably end up like Lane Staley--in the midst of decomp in a bathroom with the needle still in his arm.

Don't even get me started on Cliff Burton. Bus accident = the greatest metal bassist ever? Please. Listen to any good metal band and you'll hear someone just as good or better. Hell. Listen to the drums on Metallica albums and you'll realize that not even death could make anybody think that Lars is one of the best drummers around.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Boy, I guess I am going to have to reveal that I am also a Nirvana fan.

I recently found my Nevermind and Bleach cd's, and I enjoy hearing many of the tunes, now over 10 years old.

I know all the digs about Cobain: bad guitarist, poseur, just part of a temporary scene.

I respected his music choices, like working with Steve Albini, and seeing them in concert, there is definitely a certain violence to Nirvana's music. And everytime I listened to Lithium this month, I had a brief smile.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
tupac.... simply awesome... i only listen to him when i have on my matching baseball cap and shoes... it takes a long time to coordinate my outfits...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Totally different genre, but what are your thoughts on Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters? Personally, I dig his music.
Eh...it's aight. I think what turned me off to his deal (yes, this is going to be as dumb as it sounds....) was the music video he did like the mentos commercial. I wanted to vomit for 36 hours continuously after watching 7.3 seconds of it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Boy, I guess I am going to have to reveal that I am also a Nirvana fan.

I recently found my Nevermind and Bleach cd's, and I enjoy hearing many of the tunes, now over 10 years old.

I know all the digs about Cobain: bad guitarist, poseur, just part of a temporary scene.

I respected his music choices, like working with Steve Albini, and seeing them in concert, there is definitely a certain violence to Nirvana's music. And everytime I listened to Lithium this month, I had a brief smile.
Yep, I agree.
If you can listen to Nirvana's unplugged album and say they were not talented, I have to wonder who you are comparing them to.
Bubblegum Punk perhaps?
Maybe the deep musical experieince of a MXPX song?:brows: