Quantcast

Who comes up with this stuff?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
You ever find yourself scratching your head in wonder over who decided this (whatever "this" might be) is a good idea?

Here is my discovery for today:
http://www.chow.com/recipes/11626-round-robin
INGREDIENTS1 large egg white 1 ounce absinthe 1 ounce brandy 1 teaspoon superfine sugar or Rich Simple Syrup Dash blood orange bitters Ice

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
In all my years of drinking the only time I blacked out was when my buddies and I drank a bunch of absinthe before heading out to the bars.

Mayhaps I should just stay away from the stuff.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
That sounds pretty good in my book? Egg white just adds richness to a drink, sort of like ice cream does to soda. Combining it with absinthe would make for a good dessert drink, if thats your thing. Drinking that stuff straight (instead of dilluted with sugar and water) would be like taking shots of top shelf aged whiskey. A complete waste of something worth savoring.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
That sounds pretty good in my book? Egg white just adds richness to a drink, sort of like ice cream does to soda. Combining it with absinthe would make for a good dessert drink, if thats your thing. Drinking that stuff straight (instead of dilluted with sugar and water) would be like taking shots of top shelf aged whiskey. A complete waste of something worth savoring.
The only thing worth savoring about absinthe is the time before the misfortune of tasting it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if your name is nancy. Wiki lists the average range as 90-148 proof. of course with a 2:1 or 3:1 water:booze ratio you are intended to add, it brings the "drinking proof" down from the "bottle proof".
soooooo.... the number i listed was within the average. You're a sharp one.