seattle
and how many miles do you ride?

how long does it take you?

what kind of roads?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
24 miles of hellish Phoenix weather & traffic & 8 miles of peaceful canal side bike path (32 miles round trip total). It makes the cocktails sooooo freaking good at the end of the day!

It's 114 degrees today and I rode my Stinky! :evil:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
.6 miles. Usually takes me about 5-10 mins, depending on traffic. I don't live far away. Roads are fine but there's lots of gigantic vehicles that pop in and out of the road because of all the construction going on on this campus. Today I had to avoid a mulcher, two gigantic dump trucks, a street sweeper, a 50 foot crane, several cement mixers, and 4 or 5 double parked delivery trucks whose drivers like to open their doors without looking (a couple of years ago the city was trying to make that a crime but I don't know if it worked out)

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i did last year, but after a brutial car wreck, im not quite up to it this year. trees, them i can handle jumping in front of me. cars, not so much. 6 miles took me 20 mins, the same 6 takes me 15 in the jeep... :nuts:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i will do, as soon as i can get round to building up a commuter out of the parts i have lying around.
i walk to work just now, not pleasant after a long hard day in the recent heat we've been having
the only spare time i have is after work, and i can never be assed to do it.
probably build it up sometime this week.

its only 2mile, downhill all the way to work, uphill all the way back.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I do a couple times a week depending on schedules and weather. 14 miles each way. Usually takes me about 40-45 minutes ride time. Probably another 5-10 minutes for stop lights and such. I ride main roads and bike paths/wide sidewalks when they go where they exist on my route. I ride a different route in to work than going home because of traffic.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Coming to work: as taken off my computer
~5 ish miles
riding time - 17 minutes
AVS - 18mph
max speed - 46.6mph

Going home - estimated
~10ish miles
~45mins
~13mph
max - maybe 25?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

almost exactly 4.0 miles. takes me 20-25 minutes door to door including time to lock up the rig. i try to ride in 3 times a week, since i waste more time than 25 minutes with the bus, what with waiting around, schedules, and increased walking distance from the stop vs. where i can park the bike.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
this would be mine. not sure of exact miles but something close to 14 or so, one way.
no real direct route either...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
If I didn't live 60 miles away from work across a no-bikes-allowed bridge I would still commute by bike...

:sad:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I ride 19.5 miles each way (29 miles total), usually on a Specialized Roubaix Comp. Sometimes I take a 42 mile route home (61.5 miles total) throught the rez, south of South Mountain. It takes 57 - 66 minutes ride time (39 mile route)based on conditions, such as stoplights, temperature et. al. Add 5-10 minutes stoplight time.Most of the streets I ride are regular hight volume surface streets, usually with with bike lanes.

Some times to switch it up I ride a mountain bike, and ride up the road and over South Mountain (National >> Mormon), 47 miles round trip.

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
Here's another Seattle commute (Greenwood to UW, 3.7 miles). It takes 15 or 20 minutes, it's downhill at first, then flat a long ways, then uphill at the end (same going to school as going home). This time of year it's nice to check out the scenery at Greenlake...

It's helping me ride more, because driving or taking the bus would take a lot longer.