Quantcast

Who crashed and what did you break?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I was out and about in pt. Magu today and crased on a stupidly easy roll in type thing, twisted my knee prettty solid and lost one of my gucci hope bar end caps, and also tweaked my front crossmaxx xl.
who else crashed today and how rediculous was it?:stupid:

J

JRB

I crashed, but it wasn't bad. Just slip the back out. Went back up and rode clean. Nothing broken.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
i rolled up to a ledge today, just looking at it, started going backwards to revert out, and somehow landed on my head, and i still dont know how, but i do know it was in front of about 20 little kids, who got quite a chuckle out of it

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i didnt crash today, but did yesterday. my friend caught a stump on a sketchy downhill and went over the bars. and as he was lying there i was trying to get him to move so i slowly inched forward and my wheel got caught by a small rock and i just went over the bars right next to my friend. the other kid who we were riding with was laughing so hard when he rolled up and saw it happen.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Cranked my knee real well on Saturday, to the point of having to bail out to the road and limp back to the truck because I couldn't climb with it. Today's ride was replaced by a recliner and a bag of chiro-ice. :(

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Almost had what could have been a very bad crash yesterday. Sprinting towards a really big mostly flat-ish rock, I was going to slow down and coast over it but since I was in a good mood, I figured "eh, screw it" and laid down some more power right up to the edge of it. I went up the face of the rock (1.5-2ft high) and used it as a jump, not being able to see over the other side. In the air, I realized my front wheel was headed straight for a hole in the rock on the other side. I leaned back thinking, "Oh crap...this wheel is toast....as I will be momentarily."

The wheel slammed into the hole but I rode it out. Foot came out of one side and the pedal smacked my leg, giving some cuts on my calf; nothing bad. I was just happy my rim didn't fold and I didn't leave parts of my face on the local geology.

I guess I learned my lesson: next time you hit that thing, go faster and jump higher so you clear the hole :thumb:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I took a little spill up at Bootleg yesterday...went over the bars. Northing broken, just added some personality to my elbow pads.

Jabuttri

Monkey
Sep 16, 2005
Bellingham & Portland
last summer i poped off a rainbow skinny on Galbraith mountain and wasabout 1/3 of an inch from loosing my little finger and completely lost feeling in it for the next two months

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Jabuttri said:
last summer i poped off a rainbow skinny on Galbraith mountain and wasabout 1/3 of an inch from loosing my little finger and completely lost feeling in it for the next two months
Fool, I remember that. Good times in the emergency room...
but did you do anything dumb today?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I went OTB on a leaf covered trail, could not see the big pointy rocks I was riding over. Torqued my shoulder up a bit and my thumb is swollen/stiff.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I fell off a log ride about 3 times before getting it right. Minor scratches and bruises and I think a slightly bent rotor (squeek squeek squeek)

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
My crash didn't involve riding, I was short on funds so I went with a cheap beer (pabst)for Watching football, dang my head still hurts, I have to always make sure I have more than $5 to spend on beer....

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Crash was Saturday. Showed up at the local jumps. I wasn't used to the bike, but took off for a line anyway. Hit the small first one and ended up flying through the air like I was trying to backflip. Came down hard on my butt and lower back. Couldn't breathe for a couple minutes, bruised ribs, rasberries up my back along each rib, bruise on one buttcheek, and a really stiff neck (Helmet hit the ground).

After a few minutes, I was up and about, and back on the bike hitting the same line a little slower. After a couple runs, I was tweaking the new bike in the air a bit and having fun.

Went home and vacationed on a heating pad with some IBU. Very tight today.

edit: bike came out unscathed.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
allright enough of who crased sunday, who crashed today, this time in wasn't bad screwed up at the skatpaark and ended up rolling into a bowl, not on my bike, but don't start thinking I'm clumbsy, I just ride beyond my ability