Quantcast

Who Dat!!!! Not the NFL...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Whoownswhodat-82841572.html

NEW ORLEANS - As the Saints' appearance in their first Super Bowl gets closer, the marketplace is being flooded with Saints merchandise and memorabilia as businesses are looking to cash in on the euphoria, but the NFL is cracking down on the use of their trademarks, including the iconic phrase "Who Dat."

But who really owns "Who Dat"? Does anyone? Who is a “Who Dat?” What is a “Who Dat?” Who owns the phrase, "Who Dat?"

They're all questions Fleurty Girl t-shirt shop owner Lauren Thom is being forced to answer.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Fvck the NFL! "Who Dat" has been part of NOLA since NOLA was NOLA.

It sickens me that the NFL is trying to rape more profit out of this than necessary.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'll tell you Who Dat Is. Its the Indy colts that are gonna roll your asses by 20+ on the 7th.
I'm going to be in New Orleans on Feb 7th, and right now, I almost do not care if they win or not.

I just think it is great that my friends are enjoying themselves right now, and I hope to be part of the fun.

The game is almost anti-climatic. That, and I agree with you the score. The Saints played like sheeyat and the only reason why they won is because they were in the Superdome.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I recognize that the NFL is not exactly the pinnacle of educated individuals, but what were really witnessing here is another example of the death of the English language.
New Orleans has the worse cases of word butchery. Decatur, Carondelet, Calliope, Lagniappe.

A cabbie friend had to drive around the city looking for Jen-tal Street. Turns out his fare lived on Gen. Taylor Street, but she couldn't pronounce clearly enough for

The only word pronounced correctly is Tchoupitoulas.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
New Orleans has the worse cases of word butchery. Decatur, Carondelet, Calliope, Lagniappe.

A cabbie friend had to drive around the city looking for Jen-tal Street. Turns out his fare lived on Gen. Taylor Street, but she couldn't pronounce clearly enough for

The only word pronounced correctly is Tchoupitoulas.
You forgot Burgundy.

NFL=No Fun League

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'm going to be in New Orleans on Dec 7th, and right now, I almost do not care if they win or not.

I just think it is great that my friends are enjoying themselves right now, and I hope to be part of the fun.

The game is almost anti-climatic. That, and I agree with you the score. The Saints played like sheeyat and the only reason why they won is because they were in the Superdome.
you will be ten months late if you are planning to go to enjoy the superbowl with saints fans.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
NFL Wins

The NFL asserted rights to ["who dat"] earlier this week through the Florida Department of State, and it has issued cease-and-desist orders against New Orleans vendors who sell Saints memorabilia adorned with the wording. It informed vendors that using the phrase is likely to "confuse the purchasing public into believing that your items" are sponsored by the NFL.
NFL calls finders keepers law.

Man u guys are too much.
The Big Easy is a very hospitable party town and we finally have a team that is doing pretty good and all of a sudden the NL swoops in like Capt. BuzzKill over a silly expression "Who Dat" that actually has roots in early 1900s comedy.
They sure didn't care over the last 30 years until about 2 weeks ago.
Nice move guys.

:rolleyes:

Sanjuro, pm me if u make it in. Me and Gene will take you dirtjumping before the game and we can party at his place after.