Quantcast

Who does COD to Canada?

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
I'm trying to sell a frameset to Canada. The buyer will only do COD, and as far as I can tell it is fairly safe, provided the carrier is reputable and dependable enough to make sure I'm getting a money order that is legitimate.

With that said, does anyone know who provides international COD service? I tried dropping it off at UPS today and that was a no-go. FedEx and DHL are my next two choices but I haven't been able to find anything out about them yet. Does anyone have any other alternatives?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Um, find a new buyer?

I really hate shipping COD. Not only do you have to wait for a really long time to get your money, but there's always the possibility that they will refuse the package.

sessions

Monkey
Nov 9, 2005
Vancouver WA
COD is a terrible idea I did it once and got my money but I waited over 3 weeks to get my money after the buyer received the item I sold them.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Well, find me a new buyer for a Stab Primo frame that's going for a really good price and I will. From what I know, the buyer has to hand over money before they even get to see the contents of the package. The only thing that worries me is the buyer somehow getting the package and handing over the money order then calling and cancelling the money order as it is being shipped.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
a certified check is probably a better idea rather than a money order. IMO cod is the safest way to ship something as you cannot get screwed. as for the delay ups, i believe, will overnight you the check but fedex will mail you the check.

TSchultz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2003
S. MN
From a buyers perspective it is the safest way to not get screwed over by a seller that may be trying to scam. I always try to use it on large purchases that I am making with an unknown buyer over the internet. If you do have a nice driver that drops stuff off regularly he may let you open the box to make sure that it is not a cracked frame or some other major problem. You have nothing to worry about if you are selling a quality product.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
greenchris said:
a certified check is probably a better idea rather than a money order. IMO cod is the safest way to ship something as you cannot get screwed. as for the delay ups, i believe, will overnight you the check but fedex will mail you the check.
I have always used FedEX COD. You can check for them to pick up only a certified check, and they will overnight the money to you the next day. It works great for both buyers and sellers.
I am from SC, and when I ship stuff to Cali, I have my money the day after they get the shipment.
The only downside is COST.