Quantcast

Who does not live on a paved road?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The Double C Bar Ranch (my parents house when i was in HS) used to be on a gravel road.

I have either lived in the middle of the city or the middle of the boonies. I love them both, but i am getting tired if the city life...or maybe just this city. :think:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I used to live on a dirt road - about 12 miles from a paved road growing up. We were about 300 miles away from the nearest town over 100,000 peeps.

I moved to the big city when I was 18.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I have a gravel driveway does that count?

My parents driveway is 1/2 mile long and straight up a mountain, all gravel, and the road they live on is chip and tar. It sucks ass when you get a t-storm and all the gravel washes down the hill.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
MudGrrl said:
used to live on a dirt road

no cable
no internet

talk about stone age, huh?
We used to have a "party line" for our phone...Our ring was 2 long rings...I think there was about 5 households on it.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
SilentJ said:
We used to have a "party line" for our phone...Our ring was 2 long rings...I think there was about 5 households on it.
My great aunt used to have one of those, when we visited I would spend alot of time easvesdropping on her neighbors.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I did growing up, not quite a mile. Lived on a small farm at the end of it. Driving a tractor at 12 and a car sideways at 14. All 30 miles south of DC.

One of the home owners along the road (4 houses) had it paved about 2 years ago. It just doesn't feel the same when I go home to visit.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
SilentJ said:
Party lines. I remember those. :)

Pick the phone up and Whoops middle of another conversation.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
SilentJ said:
Ours wasn't too long ago...we got our 'private' line in 1991.
Yeah my Gramma had a party line in the 80's and one of those rotary phones too, so annoying finger on 5 around and click cliclk click... and miss dialing dang, takes forever

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
johnbryanpeters said:
I got to wondering as I pulled out of my driveway onto the gravel road on the way to work this morning.

How many other :monkey:s live on an unpaved road?

J
Pulling out in your horse & buggy? Did you get running water wet or still having to go out to the well with a bucket?:D

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i used to. and i lived about 5 min from the center of andover which is fairly large for a town. i guess people were just too lazy to do it.

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
None whatsoever. We travel in sledges drawn by saber toothed tigers.
Every once in a while some guys from discovery channel come by and take a few of us away to film for shows on the ice age.

I live on a dead end dirt road.