Quantcast

Who drinks on a work/school night?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We went to a new Italian restaurant that serves the same meal to everyone, changes every night based on what's fresh and what the chef wants to do, usually 6-8 course with wine pairings. Yeah, so like 6-8 drinks last night.

Are you youngins able to drink and get rolling in the morning unaffected? Am I old or just a wuss?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We drink regularly with dinner during the week. Usually a bottle of wine with dinner or a couple beers.

No problem next day.

Build the tolerance...

This blows your 2-3 drinks/month out of the water, though, doesn't it? :think:

Edit: You're probably old *and* a wuss, though. :p

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
I did on every one of them up to a little over a month ago. I do feel much better now getting up in the am.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
When I was still drinking we used to get pretty lit a few nights a week.
My next day was largely based on what we had consumed.
Drink a box of wine? Tomorrow was going to suck.
Slam a few 40oz's of the finest in malt liquor, tomorrow normally sucked.
A nice bottle of wine, or a sixer of something not horrid, right as rain when the sun came up

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Build the tolerance...

This blows your 2-3 drinks/month out of the water, though, doesn't it? :think:
yeah, low tolerance probably.

And yeah, I was really limiting my intake. It was worth the speed bump in my "diet".

The place, FYI, is "Il Posta" @ 17th & Race. Really amazing.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Not often anymore, but I had a bottle of wine the night before last. I didn't feel bad in the morning, just a bit off as if I was dehydrated. But I probably was.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
A nice bottle of wine, or a sixer of something not horrid, right as rain when the sun came up
I think people really underestimate the value of good beverages. Not only do they taste better, but you get less fvcked up the next day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I remember the days when I would down a 12 pack as a warm up before going to the bars on school nights. Now I have a beer or two or three with no problems. Anything over 4 or 5 and I feel like crap the next day.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I have 3-4 pints 2-3 times during the work week...for lunch. :D

I don't start noticing it the next morning unless it's in the 10+ range and I'm up quite late.

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
On field days (usually Thursday night) I down at least a 12 pack of bud light, and whatever liquor I can find. And I'm always drunk for PT the next morning. It sucks, but it's tradition.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
yeah, low tolerance probably.

And yeah, I was really limiting my intake. It was worth the speed bump in my "diet".

The place, FYI, is "Il Posta" @ 17th & Race. Really amazing.
Is it brand new? I couldn't really find anything about it on a quick search. I'm always up for a good Italian place. We really like both Campo de Fiori in CC and Panzano downtown.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
School night? Work night? Psssh. I solved all of those "hungover at work" problems I was having by quitting my job. :twitch:

For real though, I find it's the late nights that kill me more than the amount I imbibe... getting a solid amount of sleep with teh propuh hydrashun before hand is key to me being productive the next day.

Suck it up.

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
wow, I didn't realize how many of you drink wine. Now I don't feel like the oddball. I mention it to the guys I meet at races and they give me a look like "you drink what!?!?", expecting me to say that I drink beer or hard liquor (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I do drink during the week. mainly wine but every now and then a bottle of beer (good stuff) or my jack and coke. the weekends are a different story.....consumption goes way up on fri., sat. and sun.

So, for those of you who do drink wine, what is you favorite vineyard? I prefer Silver Oak. I have approx. $5K worth of wine in my cellar (170 bottles).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
So, for those of you who do drink wine, what is you favorite vineyard? I prefer Silver Oak. I have approx. $5K worth of wine in my cellar (170 bottles).
I don't have a favorite vineyard. The most recent case purchases I've made were Marchesi di Barolo Barbera d'Alba '01 (gone) and a Barbera from Picco Maccario.

My cellar is generally empty because we drink it all. :D

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We bought a couple cases of Georges Duboeuf Fleurie, and another few cases of various Bonny Dune wines. I did this, oddly, after I had sworn off booze for four months. Its like a test of will really.

We used to slam booze like that up until a couple months ago. It was even worse in New Orleans. We'd each put down a 12er of something cheap, then a couple 40's, then go hit the dime pitcher night. Ever been so drunk you've crapped your pants? I have...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
all depends...I hardly ever drink at home during the week, so having to drive keeps me at 2 or 3...the lack of sleep is the bigger problem to get out of bed before 6am

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Ever been so drunk you've crapped your pants? I have...
I went on a motor cycle rally up to the finger lakes area of NY, and in the middle of the night, I woke up in a pool of barf, and realized I had crapped, and pissed myself to boot! :disgust1: I shook for 2 days... It was quite a ride home 400+ miles on my motorcycle shaking like an epileptic... I quit drinking for 6 months after that night... I was lucky I had the presence of mind to not go into my tent, and pass out in front of it!

now I don't drink any more...

I don't drink any less either!

about 2-3 a night whether it is good beer, wine, or mixed, I'm not doing to bad the next day... 4-5 and I feel a little tweeked the next day... 7-8 and I am worthless :twitch:

Big_Papa1080

Village Idiot
Dec 10, 2001
Fairbanks, Alaska
On field days (usually Thursday night) I down at least a 12 pack of bud light, and whatever liquor I can find. And I'm always drunk for PT the next morning. It sucks, but it's tradition.
some one is a military drunk :D glad to see I have company. Ill kill 4-5 beers most nights, but usually no liquor til the weekends.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I went on a motor cycle rally up to the finger lakes area of NY, and in the middle of the night, I woke up in a pool of barf, and realized I had crapped, and pissed myself to boot! :disgust1: I shook for 2 days... It was quite a ride home 400+ miles on my motorcycle shaking like an epileptic... I quit drinking for 6 months after that night... I was lucky I had the presence of mind to not go into my tent, and pass out in front of it!
WTF were you drinking? methanol?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Is it brand new? I couldn't really find anything about it on a quick search. I'm always up for a good Italian place. We really like both Campo de Fiori in CC and Panzano downtown.
It's like a week or month new.

Suck it up.
yeah, pretty much :twitch:

I prefer Silver Oak.
We had a bottle of that last night.

I have approx. $5K worth of wine in my cellar (170 bottles).
I'd say we have about the same. My wife sells wine, so we're lucky with the gifts and samples. We're going to Italy to tour vineyards in April-May this year :monkeydance:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
WTF were you drinking? methanol?

Bully Hill wine (one bottle plus some)
Beer at least 12 + 2 beer bongs (beer funnel) ontop of it.
Mother Pucker SOur apple schnapps!
Rum & coke...

from what I remember...or so I have been told!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Were you 22 or younger at the time? Because that's the *ONLY* conceivable way that something that dumb could be excused. ;)

well... I had a lot of influencing factors... I was drinking what people were giving me... having a great time and all... I do remember falling off the bench of a picnic table backwards twice... and laughing hysterically at it... I guess I am a happy drunk! what can I say!

and yes I choose to not mix my alcohol any more... heck if I smell apple flavored liquor I get nautious!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
My girl and I drink a bottle of wine just about every night, sometimes more, especially if we're cooking. With that as a base and the occasional hard night out, my tolerance is pretty high. Over the years I've gotten better at realizing I'm drunk enough and slowing down as the night goes on. As long as I get enough sleep I'm fine for whatever the next day brings. I do drink a lot of water.