Quantcast

Who drinks on a work/school night?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My girl and I drink a bottle of wine just about every night, sometimes more, especially if we're cooking. With that as a base and the occasional hard night out, my tolerance is pretty high. Over the years I've gotten better at realizing I'm drunk enough and slowing down as the night goes on. As long as I get enough sleep I'm fine for whatever the next day brings. I do drink a lot of water.
I have been realizing this point myself, BUT sometimes I just get ramped up and keep going!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Is it brand new? I couldn't really find anything about it on a quick search. I'm always up for a good Italian place. We really like both Campo de Fiori in CC and Panzano downtown.
So I found out it opened on Monday. For nine people, it was $1200.

EDIT: That includes tax and tip and we went all out on really good wine, so really, that's pretty reasonable.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Typically I don't drink on school nights. If I do its normally a beer maybe two. Friday afternoons I'll bust into the desk drawer, especially if I took the bus OR the wife dropped me off.

I do know that I don't recover near as well and that I'm better off drinking as long as I can with as little sleep as I can manage. Putting the hangover off until a little later in the day always seems to work better for me.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I used to when I was in the swing of college where an average night of drinking was at least like 12 or 14 beers. But now if I have like 6 or 8 beers and dont hydrate I get pretty bad hangovers. Liquor I dont really have a problem with though I dont think, although I cant remember the last time I consumed mass quantities of it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
My girl and I drink a bottle of wine just about every night, sometimes more, especially if we're cooking. With that as a base and the occasional hard night out, my tolerance is pretty high. Over the years I've gotten better at realizing I'm drunk enough and slowing down as the night goes on. As long as I get enough sleep I'm fine for whatever the next day brings. I do drink a lot of water.
OGWino to the front of the store please. OGWino to the front of the store please.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
On field days (usually Thursday night) I down at least a 12 pack of bud light, and whatever liquor I can find. And I'm always drunk for PT the next morning. It sucks, but it's tradition.
Drink a 12 pack of *shudder* Bud Light *shudder* then you deserve to feel like crap the next day.:disgust1: Admitting to budlite drinking is usually enough to get you banned from this forum.;):cheers:

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Depends when I have class....8 AMs...no way, but I can get to a 9 or 10 class having gone out the night before. I have a bad habit of waking up before I want to if I go to sleep drunk, so a lot of times on the weekends I wake up early feeling like crap while everyone else sleeps off their hangover.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Depends when I have class....8 AMs...no way, but I can get to a 9 or 10 class having gone out the night before. I have a bad habit of waking up before I want to if I go to sleep drunk, so a lot of times on the weekends I wake up early feeling like crap while everyone else sleeps off their hangover.
I too wake up early after over imbibing. Since alcohol is a depressant a withdrawal symptom is increased brain activity.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
During college there was a definite trend towards drinking on school nights. Mostly during finals week, but sometimes a six pack or two would be split between me and my roommate just cause we needed to relax and have a chat. BBQ or some nice dinner with two or three bottles of wine was done at least 3 times a month with a friend of mine who had a nice collection.

I thought that getting out of school would get me off of the booze cruise, but the last few months the group I hang out with has been going on week to month long benders with most of us riding bikes and drinking every night. There have been a few rough mornings and due to working at 6am every morning I have cut back to almost nil.

It was getting out of hand and with a history of alcoholism in my family I just didn't want to wake up at 28 and realize I was "that guy". Not to say I don't enjoy a beer or two, but I spent 2 years drinking enough for several people, I'm kind of over it. Ironically I work at a bar once or twice a week.

But answer to your question, yes. I do. Not so much anymore. I have some fun stories to tell and some very blurry memories because of it all.

The Ito

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Short story time. For reference, I've included the specifics for effect only.

-I'm 6'7" 265ish
-Tuesday night
-Start work @ 7:30am
-Work in an environment that's no less than 60 decibels at any time

So I go to this Crystal Method concert with a bunch of friends on a Tuesday night. Start drinking at a pre-funk house party at 6pm. Get to the concert at 9 (We're maybe 10 minutes walk away from the venue...so a good 2:45 of drinking occurs). CM goes on at 10:30. Drink a lot more while at the concert. CM's set is over at 12:15am (I have to be ready to work in 7 hours....). I remember doing three 151 shots right before the last song. Once I hit the outside air, my mind goes blank. (I remember the concert, but not how much I drank.) I have vague recollections of riding in the back of a jeep wrangler (I don't even fit in the front seats...so figure that acrobatic act out...), eating some microwaved orange chicken (god I hope that was chicken), and looking for my pants (Although I can't for the life of me, figure out why I took them off in the first place). Finally get to sleep at around 3:30am. Woke up at 7:00, still fitshaced, come into the office and proceed to work my hangover off (once it started about 4 hours later...). No pukie either...I was quite impressed with myself....prolly woulda felt better if I had though...

Good night... but, worst.....day......ever.

Now I try to keep it to a 6-pack at most if I have to work the next day...Might be a 6-pack of some 7.5% IPA....but it's only 6.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I have a beer just about every night. Usually only one with dinner but I only drink good beer so it is usually in the 6% range. Any more and I'll start to catch a buzz and it'll knock me out for the night. Life as a cheap date.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've been falling on the wagon recently. I've spent enough time in my life slightly pickled that it has gotten old. I had 3 beers Sunday night and felt hungover monday morning. I must be getting old.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yes.
we drink at least a bottle of wine every night but rarely over 2 bottles on work/school nights.

except for the last two weeks because a friend from Denmark was here & it was pretty much a 14 day bender....& we didnt really count but i did go into work a little buzzed a few mornings. Now i feel like a good detox & visit to Betty Ford.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
going into work drunk hasn't really ever a been a problem for me. I'm a pro. :)

you know if your getting hung over just as your getting off of work around 5 the next evening, you had a few drinks...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am drinking now bitches. Right frikkin now.... Arrogant Bastard too. You not worthy muthas!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I drink wine with dinner every night. we are trying to cut back fora number of reasons, mainly money. Our wine budget is out of control. When I made myself get up and run in the morning, I drank a lot less. Now that I have become lazy it's a lot easier to polish of a bottle a night.

We had a house guest that had me tearing it up like some kind of pro drinker but he has gone and I am trying to reclaim a light weight drinking status.