Quantcast

Who else does lunchtime rides?

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
Hands-down the greatest thing about living in Utah (besides the skiing) is that trails like this are only 10 minutes from my office:

I've got it timed now that I can get up there, ride for 40 minutes on sweet singletrack, then be back in the office and showered/ready to work again in just over an hour! Makes me happy... see:

So, who else heads out on lunchtime rides?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
how many miles can you put in for the 40 minutes?

I should try doing that at lunch here - but it might take me 20 minutes just to gain access to a friggin shower. :(

powderboy

Monkey
Jan 16, 2002
See Dar Hills, OOTah
MMcG said:
how many miles can you put in for the 40 minutes?

I should try doing that at lunch here - but it might take me 20 minutes just to gain access to a friggin shower. :(
That's a good question on the mileage... it's not alot, but it's a good 25 minute climb for a sweet 10 minute downhill. I'll take it.

Yeah, sometimes the shower is taken, so I just walk around in my stinky bike stuff for awhile until it's free.

I agree with PsychO!1... it does make it feel like a 1/2 day every day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't how people find time to ride during work hours. I can see doing staircases or urban stuff, but I use my riding time as relaxation.

I usually sit at my desk with a sandwich, half surfing and half working.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sanjuro said:
I don't how people find time to ride during work hours.
:stupid:

even though there's singletrack just nearby, i can't get out to it. increasingly the "lunch" hour is being taken up by meetings, as that's the only time a quorum of people are free.

:mad:

splat

Nam I am
My self and SloMoJo Do lunch Rides a lot . and we have a WHole crew of people who ride, Road and Mt. to the point I Keep my hard Tail and a road bike at the office.

And we have some fun stuff to ride too

Skiinies through a swamp

Some cool Rocks !

a small Huck

through the woods

and so what it may get a little cold !!!
Thats Me with a Mental Hospital in the background

Riding at lunch Kicks Ass!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I smell Happy Valley!

Where do you work? Novell?

/which trail is that?

I might move back to Salt Lake soon...I'm thinking avenues...BST and Milcreek right out my back door...yeah. :D

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
I manage to work from home once a week or so, usually I'll get in a nice trail run... but due to the no bikes policy on the nearby trails no daytime rides.

A friend of mine works for a company where groups of people are constantly going out for lunch rides (road and mountain), playing ultimate or frisbee golf, etc... not so where I work.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I mostly do road at lunch and mtn after work. I can do some kick ass road loops and it makes the day fly by.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
We have a sweet area of trails behind our work. Our lunch lap is gnerally about 8 miles and it takes us about an hour to do the whole ordeal (change, ride, change) . Lots of its a swamp in the winter, but summer dries out real nice and makes for some good fun.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
If I ride, I'll do a little Trials riding during lunch.
Otherwise, I eat an unhealthy lunch, and then ride after work to go puke it all up.