Quantcast

Who else hates ball sports (except lacrosse)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
My parents are crazy.

I cant drive a car now or get my license because i refuse to play tennis. First of all, practive is 3 hours with lots of running, and there are like 19 away games during the week and on weekends. Second, i dont even play tennis, i ride bikes :angry:
BALL SPORTS SUCK :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

[jock rant off.]

edit: and the school doesnt offer any contact sports. And our budget sucks. :stosh:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tennis is good for you. Puts hair on your chest.

Why the heck are your parents forcing you to play tennis? Parents are weird.

I love playing sports but have never been too fond being a spectator. Except for auto racing... I love auto racing. I took 3 semesters of tennis in college. It's fun and a heck of a workout.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i think we are missing the core problem here. your parents wont let you get your license because you wont play fugepacking tennis? now if it were lax or soccer or some other equally cool sport then they would have an arugment. but tennis??? :stosh:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Ciaran said:
Tennis is good for you. Puts hair on your chest.

Why the heck are your parents forcing you to play tennis? Parents are weird.

I love playing sports but have never been too fond being a spectator. Except for auto racing... I love auto racing. I took 3 semesters of tennis in college. It's fun and a heck of a workout.
To quote my stupid parents: "you need somthing on your college resume"

Oh yeah, as if A grades werent enough they need some stupid sport...

I too love auto racing! I refused to get "the dish" because they didnt have the speed channel. :sneaky:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
luken8r said:
i think we are missing the core problem here. your parents wont let you get your license because you wont play fugepacking tennis? now if it were lax or soccer or some other equally cool sport then they would have an arugment. but tennis??? :stosh:

I dunno...there are a coupla dudes that play tennis that are pretty f'n hot...also, those dudes hit the ball at like 120 mph...

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I love baseball. It's fun to play, and fun to go to ballgames. Watching it on tv isn't that great.

I can't wait until people start arguing about sports, why one is a sport and why the other isn't..that's the only possible outcome of a thread like this...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Craw said:
I love baseball. It's fun to play, and fun to go to ballgames. Watching it on tv isn't that great.

I can't wait until people start arguing about sports, why one is a sport and why the other isn't..that's the only possible outcome of a thread like this...
I love sports (watching and playing) but learned a long time ago that arguing in threads like this is pointless....

"That sport sucks."
"No it doesn't!"
"Yes it does. And it's gay."
"Shut up. YOU suck!"
"HAHAHA. It's not even a real sport."
"Yes it is!"
"No it isn't."

...and it goes on for 9 pages.

Your young so you gotta deal with rents.
Think about it like this: bikes are cooler but you will meet more babes playing tennis then riding bikes.
Tennis season will be over before you know it. Just suck it up and look at tennis as a way to cross train for better bike skills.
Did i mention hot babes?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
merrrrjig said:
Ball sports are for pussys! Ya except lacross since you can wack eachother and stuff
I don't know man... Dodgeball is pretty hardcore.

Mack - I am with you on the dish thing. When we got our apt. I said no to like 6 of them because the cable company didn't carry the Speed channel.

And think of this... Hotties in little tennis outfits. Mmmmm.. :drool: They are almost as yummy as catholic school girls!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I might have played if...

The boys team and girls team actually practiced with each other :rolleyes: ... we dont even go to the same matches at all. They are completely different. :stosh:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sports suck.

You suck.

Lacross isn't even a sport.

Any stupid idiot with an IQ of 10 and enough hand-eye coordination to brush their teeth could play baseball.

Football is for drugged up losers with too much testosterone.

Did I mention that lacross sucks?

Hockey sucks almost as much as tennis.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Tennis is a great sport. Just because you don't enjoy a particular game doesn't make it suck. As already mentioned, what a great place to meet girls in cute outfits especially if you're not real good at tennis. You can have a friendly match, get a healthy sweat glow going on the girl, then knock the ball over the fence into the underbrush nearby and request her help in finding the lost ball...and THAT is when the glory of ball sports becomes all the more evident if you play your cards right.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
They're forcing him to play tennis because they're rich fokkers and want him to have a better chance to get into a good college, even though he is a retard. :p

-S.S.-
LMAO. Well, we all saw his frame paint job so we know he's not going to art school. :D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
First off your parents are whack for thinking that Tennis is going to justify your efforts of getting into collage. A lot of kids in collage don't look like they've done a damm thing in their entire life. So don't think that Tennis is the way that'll put you over the top. Things like community service (as worthless as it is) and envolvement with the community and such is what will put you past the others. Unless you are applying to heavy Tennis schools the academics and your extra ciricular? activity's will get by. A collage would much rather have a student who was part of school clubs and such, coaches little kids, does community service etc...then a mediocore student who's good at Tennis (unless you're really good at it :) )

Ball sports don't suck, just some of them, and they can suck for some people because some people suck at sports? Get it? Good!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I loved playing tennis
I loved playing bbal
I love crushing people into the ground when I play football
I love mountain biking

I hate hockey

No, I think I like ball sports.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Spunger said:
First off your parents are whack for thinking that Tennis is going to justify your efforts of getting into COLLAGE. A lot of kids in COLLAGE don't look like they've done a damm thing in their entire life. So don't think that Tennis is the way that'll put you over the top. Things like community service (as worthless as it is) and envolvement with the community and such is what will put you past the others. Unless you are applying to heavy Tennis schools the academics and your extra ciricular? activity's will get by. A COLLAGE would much rather have a student who was part of school clubs and such, coaches little kids, does community service etc...then a mediocore student who's good at Tennis (unless you're really good at it :) )

Ball sports don't suck, just some of them, and they can suck for some people because some people suck at sports? Get it? Good!
Another thing schools may be looking for is the ability to spell College. :)

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
Jeremy R said:
Another thing schools may be looking for is the ability to spell College. :)
I only made it as far as high school :)

I imagine a COLLAGE can be like College..........I dunno I spaced on that one

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Spunger said:
A collage would much rather have a student who was part of school clubs and such, coaches little kids, does community service etc...then a mediocore student who's good at Tennis (unless you're really good at it :) )
Good point. There are lots of ways to appear well-rounded in college admissions, without participating in a school-sponsored sport.

I recommend sport****ing. Those who have seen Fight Club can only imagine how long I've been waiting to use that word.

Spunger

Feb 19, 2003
I saw way too many kids get accepted into decent COLLEGE'S :) without doing any sports at all. Our high school requires you to do 60hrs over the course of 4 years of community service to graduate (lame I know but bad/good in some ways) and there were some kids who did like 1000+ hours, members of various clubs, did after school projects with younger kids and such and got into good schools. The only exercise they had was in P.E and running their mouths on campus over the loudspeakers or being voiced in the yearbook staff or school paper and what not.

Every athlete I think from my class didn't go too far on athletics. There were a few girls who I know played college level sports (volleyball, water polo, basketball) but the majority of the guys didn't go too far. It's most likley our area as the southern cali schools tend to almost breed their football, baseball, basketball players for sports. Our football team was tiny compared to some of the other schools. I know from experience as I was a track runner (400m and 800m) and when we'd go up north it was a walk in the park, but when we would go down south a few times I got it handed to me. I had a best for the 800m of 2:02 which is fast for a 800m and still would get it handed to me by a few seconds in some cases. Sports didn't get me anywhere after high school......but it was fun while it lasted :)

College isn't for everyone either. Not to say think about not going but think about how going can benifit you in life. Lots of people go to spends loads of their parents money OR borrow a load in student loans only to find themself in the job market with a degree and owing a load of money to someone. Look to see what might be opening up 3-4 years from now as far as demand goes. If the job market is saturated with sociology? majors then you're screwed.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Spunger said:
I imagine a COLLAGE can be like College..........
Ohhhhh...I like that. That's deep!

And I love tennis. Anyone who says that tennis sucks has either a) played once, got crushed and ran away with their tail between their legs or b) played once with a friend who had never played either and ended up spending the entire time chasing balls or c) never even tried playing.