Quantcast

who else is doing it?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i think some one should go down there and see if its any good. i would be very happy if it is better than it was the past year!

please report back

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
G-boy said:
Maybe on Sunday. The lifts wont be running only the shuttle bus for loggers alley.
wrong answer slim, its a cycling race there this saturday and i was trying to find out who else is gonna be there for that, but nice try

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
yeah thats true too, but u cant be really fast at dh with out some strong legs... and the endurance to be able to handle the rought stuff for hours!

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
dhriderII said:
yeah thats true too, but u cant be really fast at dh with out some strong legs... and the endurance to be able to handle the rought stuff for hours!
I'm not by any means condoning Kalan's training regime, but you're not going to ever catch him going uphill or having any kind of endurance. And yet, he manages to get down the mountain pretty fast for an old guy.

I think the answer to your question is "No, nobody is doing the hillclimb." End of thread.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
i doubt ill be riding the dh there, i dunno if i will have enought room to fit both the dh bike and the road bike in the same car, oh well ill ya know whats going on there anyways.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
well i didnt ride any of the dh trails there ( didnt have room for the road bike and dh bike in the same car) but that road going from frishrock store or what ever it is to the spa at the top, OMFG!!! its got to be most insane climb ive ever done, i know i could had done alot better, but i finished 5th out of 9 riders :( but ya know i gave it my all, and thats all that matters, maybe next time tho ill try to so something about my allergies befor a race.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
lets put it this way there was a rider that couldnt handle the hill so he started to walk it, i had a hard time catching up to him then it was difficult to pass him, really kinda felt pretty sorry the guy.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
yeah i deffin should had listen to who ever said run a mtn cassette on the climb, yeah for the most part i was granny gearring it, except towards the end, where i managed i think to get it into 6th for nice sprint to the finish line. i deffin want to head out there and climb it sometime minus the heart pounding pace, any takers let me know.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Shouldn't your RM screen name be roadriderII instead of dhriderII? I can't belive you would rather peel on the spandex and road ride, then to strap on the armor and full face to ride DH. The WG DH certainly isn't what it was at one time, but it certainly beats road riding. You have a car to drive on the road, so why ride a road bike? Just F'ing with ya.....maybe. :sneaky: