Quantcast

Who else is off today celebrating Marty King/Robert E. Lee's Birthday?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
One guy won the other guy lost.

MLK had to die to become a citizen for not only himself but for others as well.

REL had to wait 100 years to have his citizenship reinstated after being the standard of a noble loser, but he did get a cool car named after him.

i'm off because it refuses to stop raining around here....

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
I'm celebrating my birthday by taking a half-day. We wern't supposed to have today off, but no one else showed up here so I guess they are all celebrating this most awesome of days...

...but the reality is I just work w/ slackers who don't come in because they regualry honor Tuesday or some other excuse like that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In Virginia this used to be King/Confederate Generals day. They moved Generals day to last Friday to remove the bad taste of the combo holiday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm here by choice, though the office is officially closed. Having nobody around means it's a great day to get some work done.

I'll save the time off for another day.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'm here at work but they give us today off as a float holiday so I can take it whenever I want, which is nice.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
At work and bitter as usual. I've had three people call me at work wanting to ride, all quite suprised I still had to work:mumble:

And it rained this weekend, so I didn't get to ride then. I'm full of hate right now:mad:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Zark said:
At work and bitter as usual. I've had three people call me at work wanting to ride, all quite suprised I still had to work :mumble:

And it rained this weekend, so I didn't get to ride then. I'm full of hate right now:mad:
The funny thing is that they called you AT WORK and were surprised that you were AT WORK. :p If you didn't think I'd be at work then why call me at work? :rolleyes:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
The funny thing is that they called you AT WORK and were surprised that you were AT WORK. :p If you didn't think I'd be at work then why call me at work? :rolleyes:
To clarify, they called me on my cell phone while I was at work:p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we're off. just got back from the national civil rights museum and it was bumpin'. we missed the Buddhist cultural dancers but they were cute in their outfits (little kids).