Quantcast

Who else thinks Family Guy has inherited the suck?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I've watched the Family Guy season 1&2 DVDs a million times and they're histarical. But the new season just hasn't seemed very funny. They're dragging all the flashbacks out way too much and have really far-fetched plots. Anyone else think they're losing their touch?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I still think it's funny.

But more importantly, Ren and Stimpy is on Nicktoons at 11:30pm on weeknights.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Yeah the flashbacks seem to make up like 75% of the show now. I think it is still funny, and hey at least it isn't as bad a American Dad.

What I wonder about is the disclaimer for "Animated Nudity" at the beginning of every show, but no disclaimer for last weeks "Animated Incest" and "Animated Beastiality"....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I would not say it "sucks" although it rarely makes me LOL like it used to. It seems like the creators are just trying too hard. I still think it's fun to try to pick up on all the references to pop culture in each episode.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I wouldn't say it sucks...but I don't get the same laughs I used to. It's hard to tell if they're less funny, or if I've just grown accustomed to their sense of humour, which was originally very edgy in its day. Most likely a combination of both. Last night's "Thank God for polio" line had me going though, and there have been a few glimmers of genius sprinkled through the new episodes (Meg's "Cum Dumpster" tshirt in the makeover episode, and Chris' music video in the grocery store, for example).

I have to agree with the flashbacks too...they do need to take a little vacation for those...or limit them to a couple per show at least.

All this being said, who's buying the Stewie DVD when it comes out tomorrow?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I think you people are expecting too much from a damn cartoon. Lighten up.......did anyone bitch about the 4th season of Bugs Bunny?

"Well.....it was OK, but it didn't have as many anvil falls on the Coyote as I would have liked."

...Where's that kick-to-the-nuts smiley when I need it? Oh yeah, here it is.... :nuts:

Greyhound said:
I think you people are expecting too much from a damn cartoon. Lighten up.......did anyone bitch about the 4th season of Bugs Bunny?

"Well.....it was OK, but it didn't have as many anvil falls on the Coyote as I would have liked."

...Where's that kick-to-the-nuts smiley when I need it? Oh yeah, here it is.... :nuts:
I think the nuts smilie has really lost it's edge since last year, the smilie writers need to come up with some original material.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Greyhound said:

It just sucks when one of things you count on to make you laugh, isn't so funny anymore

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ridemonkey said:
Yeah, I wouldn't say it sucks...but I don't get the same laughs I used to. It's hard to tell if they're less funny, or if I've just grown accustomed to their sense of humour, which was originally very edgy in its day. Most likely a combination of both. Last night's "Thank God for polio" line had me going though, and there have been a few glimmers of genius sprinkled through the new episodes (Meg's "Cum Dumpster" tshirt in the makeover episode, and Chris' music video in the grocery store, for example).

I have to agree with the flashbacks too...they do need to take a little vacation for those...or limit them to a couple per show at least.

All this being said, who's buying the Stewie DVD when it comes out tomorrow?
:stupid: And I will be making a purchase tomorrow :thumb:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of "The Family Guy," until this season. I think it's pretty funny. The show that has disappointed me a bit this season is the "Simpsons." While it's still good for a few laughs, the first couple of shows this season weren't all that funny...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
blt2ride said:
To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of "The Family Guy," until this season. I think it's pretty funny. The show that has disappointed me a bit this season is the "Simpsons." While it's still good for a few laughs, the first couple of shows this season weren't all that funny...
The Simpsons has definitely been going downhill for awhile.

Get ahold of the Family Guy DVDs...they're the best after a long day. One of my favorites is the one where the family's forced to relocate to the south.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I think S4 started off weak, but got better and better after about ep4. 'Petarded' was awesome. Some of the Quagmire jokes are so awesome now. Actually I think the little one liners on the whole are getting better, whilst the flashbacks are getting more and more dependant on your knowledge of older shows. (Evil monkey etc.)

And who hasn't seen the Stewie movie yet? Jeeze, what do you guys do on the internet all day? Actually I didn't think that much of the movie compared to the series.