Quantcast

Who else thinks R. Clemens is a bold-faced liar?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I have never been a clemens fan, I admit, but can he really think anyone takes this crap he's spewing seriously? I thought I hated Bonds, but Clemens is even worse. I hope he lies to congress and goes down for perjury.
Dude, you cheated, and now instead of saying sorry and asking forgiveness, you're going all "OJ" about finding the real killer. Does he think the people of the world are all stupid?
What a loser.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think he has convinced himself that he is innocent and is pissed few others have followed suit.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I mean, it shouldnt have come as a shock that he was on the report anyway. Look at the guy. Pitches like he's 25 and he's 45 or something. At the top of his game pretty much. I wouldnt be surprised if Favre is on the HGH either.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dan shaughnessey (boston globe) had an article after the mitchell report came out....there was a quote from an unnamed GM in 1990 saying that everyone knew he was on the juice.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Did you hear the taped conversation with his trainer?

Granted, it's not conclusive, but does raise questions.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Did you hear the taped conversation with his trainer?

Granted, it's not conclusive, but does raise questions.
That's what Im talking about. I thought all it did was hurt Clemens more. The guy didnt say anything about anything he just rambled about his kid dying, and what does he want Clemens to do? Clemens could have said "Tell them I didnt do any steroids you idiot" but he did not. He just said "Why did you tell them that?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I could believe that someone like Favre can still perform at a high level later in life. I know several 40+ year olds that can kill it on a bike, but they have been bad asses their whole lives. But to get better that late in life is hard to swallow.

Nolan Ryan was known for still being strong when he got older long before the days of drugs. But he was a mutant his whole life and was a maniac in the gym. He still suffered some level of decline over the years and certainly didn't do being a fat ass.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Grossman doesnt need steroids, Grossman needs and offensive line and titanium knees.

BTW, Bears will re-sign him. Book it.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Assume that a majority of pro athletes are on something.

Grossman should get injections of Jim McMahon man juice...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
must spread rep..:lighten:

B.S. I'm messing with you...he's not the worst QB in the NFL...
Nope that would be David Carr hands down.

And deep down I know Burly loves Favre.
I bet he likes to close his eyes and pretend Favre is in a Bears uniform.
The ole' gunslinger drilling it for the Bears.
That's real fantasy football right there.;)

sgrady11

Chimp
Aug 12, 2007
Grossman doesnt need steroids, Grossman needs and offensive line and titanium knees.

BTW, Bears will re-sign him. Book it.
Agreed.

There aren't any other quarterbacks available in free agency. And, if you draft one, you still need somebody to start next season. I'm hoping Orton wins the starting role though.

Oh yeah, and Grossman could use some platform shoes or something.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
As a Red Sox fan, I'm biased, but I think he's clearly full of ****.
As a Red Sox fan, you have every right to hate him. He put up a few good years in Boston. Once he signed that big contract, he got all out of shape and his play suffered because of it. Once he moved onto Toronto, he started to dedicate (inject) himself to the game and brought his pitching to another level.

So, let's sum it up. He stole Boston's money. Got in shape the minute he left Boston and put up his best years with other teams. Right, you should most definitely be a fan.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
As a Red Sox fan, you have every right to hate him. He put up a few good years in Boston. Once he signed that big contract, he got all out of shape and his play suffered because of it. Once he moved onto Toronto, he started to dedicate (inject) himself to the game and brought his pitching to another level.

So, let's sum it up. He stole Boston's money. Got in shape the minute he left Boston and put up his best years with other teams. Right, you should most definitely be a fan.
Ummm.... that's my point. I have reason to hate him, so I can't be impartial about thinking he's a liar.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've always been surprised at how a shlub like him can play so well. He doesn't exactly look like an elite athlete does he? I was watching the interview on 60 Minutes and my girl came into the room and asked who he was. I told her it was Roger Clemens and she asked if he was an insurance salesman or an IRS agent.

:clapping:

They're all full of crap and laughing all the way to the bank.

Apr 23, 2006
Eugene Oregon
I was watching the interview on 60 Minutes and my girl came into the room and asked who he was. I told her it was Roger Clemens and she asked if he was an insurance salesman or an IRS agent.
You should of just said he's a liar and she would of believed you .............................................. more .........:twitch:

I watched it also, a couple of things....... eye blinking after a question and the water drinking. :lighten: my wife was calling it out...... then she went into her *** All Men Are Liars *** anthem.

Thanks Clem.........

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I've always been surprised at how a shlub like him can play so well. He doesn't exactly look like an elite athlete does he? I was watching the interview on 60 Minutes and my girl came into the room and asked who he was. I told her it was Roger Clemens and she asked if he was an insurance salesman or an IRS agent.

:clapping:

They're all full of crap and laughing all the way to the bank.
Well, I think pitchers are a different breed. Plus, Clemens is a bull (a steroid enhanced bull). He might be not be a 4% body fat chiseled athlete, but I think he would dwarf the average man.