Quantcast

Who fills public growlers?

Casey-Ryan

Monkey
Jan 2, 2012
Gloucester, MA
Hey guys,
MA just passed the law that they can fill public growlers and VT has been doing it for a while but does anyone know any specific breweries that fill public growlers? A lot of breweries are making you purchase cans and don't even deal with them. Others make you purchase there growlers! WTF

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
"Fill your own" as it's called around here is super common, all the micro breweries and most bottle shops do it, most breweries have their own branded one but I've not come across any yet that object to filling another breweries growler. They tend to view that as just selling beer, and as long as you're not already intoxicated or a minor that's all good to them.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It always cracks me up when Murica discovers centuries old European traditions.

(that's a minor fetching beer for his father from his local pub)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Hey guys,
MA just passed the law that they can fill public growlers and VT has been doing it for a while but does anyone know any specific breweries that fill public growlers? A lot of breweries are making you purchase cans and don't even deal with them. Others make you purchase there growlers! WTF
What the fuck kind of state is that? Who the fuck cares what you put your beer in? Lots of people buy their own custom growlers or insulated ones for winter, but they'll fill a water-balloon if you want. But then again, we have true freedom because we have Palin.

Casey-Ryan

Monkey
Jan 2, 2012
Gloucester, MA
Yeah bring your own I is kind of new to our area believe it or not. But I have been to CA, Colorado and other places and never had a problem. Society based on the damn puritans I guess.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah bring your own I is kind of new to our area believe it or not. But I have been to CA, Colorado and other places and never had a problem. Society based on the damn puritans I guess.
well, businesses are people too...

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
They've been around longer than that upstart!
Also they are often called "rigger's and Flagons" by locals down here that used to use them back in the 1950's and earlier.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A lot of places I have been to will not fill your own, for reasons if sanitation. They would however trade flat out one they cleaned.