Quantcast

Who had a $100 fill-up?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stoney98 said:
I forget the names. It's always on the girlie to remember this stuff.
It's off on the back roads kind of places, I NEVER would have even imagined they existed without being taken there by locals.
i managed to find my way to Prager in my t shirt and shorts, via some judicious eavesdropping.

paul prager didn't care what the guests visiting his vineyard were wearing. :)

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I started bike-commuting occasionally due to high gas prices... it's 20 miles each way, so I save about 2 gallons/day. That's $6. Yesterday my appetite has increased so much, I ate $12 at the local mexican take-out place. Something's wrong here... :help:

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
Loco,
This is less about buying a poor quality vehicle from a low quality dealership, then the complete lack of service from a highend car company.
I'm sure if you rolled into the Nissan shop in a Skyline looking for a new car, they'd be all over you like stink on isht. But you're just bitching about your $30k breaking down. I would not help you either.
I would help the person that *if* they walk out with a new car, will send me home with 3-4k$ in my pocket.
Dude - when I come on here and beg for free bike parts, talk to me about how f*cking broke and lame I am. Asshole.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Hey man - settle down. It's Friday and you've got the whole weekend ahead of you to spend with your lovely wife and baby. Time to relax. :)
I'm with you, but I refuse to let his broke ass talk to me like I'm some street peasant.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
stoney98 said:
The girlie and I went to look at Mini's last weekend and were totally shocked at the mileage. 22/27 for the cooper S, 25/30 for the Cooper. It's amazing, that my awd subie which weighs more, and has a larger engine gets better mileage.
Our S gets between 30-35 on the highway and 300-400 miles per tank. Fortunately the EPA numbers were low.

stoney98 said:
Off topic:
We went to look at the mini's Sunday afternoon and received NO service. We pulled up in an '03 M3 convertible, with our yuppie/preppie look (we had been tasting up in Napa), obviously looking for assistance.
Nothing. WTF?! It was enough that I doubt I will buy a car from the Concord BMW/Mini dealer ever.
-ms
This is a common problem across the US. The WA dealer in Tacoma (why put a dealership that far from the population center and the money???) has been hit and miss. BIG miss during the buying process and the first 2.5 years of service. Been ok so far but starting to go bad again. Can't say enough good things about Rasmussen BMW/MINI in Portland, OR though.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Ummm....... ask DRB. You *are* a peasant. :)
That whiney bitch means nothing to me. He even complained about a thread being moved today. Pussy.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
That doesn't change the fact that you, sir, are a peasant.
Fine - I'll take peasant, but you had better let me call stoney a panhandler.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
DHCorky said:
I spend somewhere in the mid $50's when I fill up. I get about 350 miles to a tank. I have definetely cut back on my driving.

I just wish people would wake up and see gas prices do not have to be this high. If they had to be this high the gas companies would not be posting record profits. The profits would be the same as in years past if gas prices had to be this high because of production problems. The gas companies are using the problems in the world as a cover to raise the price of gas and getting very rich off it. The gas stations are making the same or less money, the gas distributors are not even making anymore money from these high prices. It is only Shell, Mobil, etc that is making all the money and it is not being used for production. It is going straight into the pockets of the owners of these companies.

Has the amount of gas this country uses gone down from a result of these past price hikes? From what I have seen in the papers, no. The gas companies obviously can keep up with demand with no problems. They also do not seem to have much more expense involved to keep up with demand. This is evident in their record profits. So I want to know what real reason is for gas prices going up? I think it is just because the gas companies are just using the U.S. market to their advantage. They have what we want and they are naming the price for us to get it.
This has come up before, but oil companies are not all powerful. They could not control the price of gas when it was $15 a barrel 7 years ago, when I lost my oil company job with my entire office in New Orleans.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I filled up the Passat last night, it only took about 11.5 gallons (of a possible 18.5) and it ended up costing about $34. Not too bad considering it's a TDI, but I expect a full tank is going to run me about $55ish. But that will also get me about 800 miles.