Quantcast

Who had a $100 fill-up?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I finally gave in, and bought a full tank of gas. I was buying $20 a time in hopes of lower gas prices, but after 3 fillups for maybe 5 days of driving, I gave in.

I bought $47 of gas for my Honda. Has anyone spent a $100 on one fill-up?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
It cost me just a bit more than $14 to fill up my motorcycle. I almost shed a tear. It's a good thing I get a bit over 200 miles to a tank.

J

JRB

goodtobeIrie said:
I will never own a vehicle that requires that large of a tank...:rolleyes:

btw...boats don't count...:)
It's not like an Xterra is some giant monster. It's nice to be able to use a vehicle, but the cost of gas is stupid. I really hope I get to start riding most places in the very near future.

vamkie

Chimp
Mar 8, 2006
$72.00 is the highest I have been brave enough to go. Sad thing is that is a little more than one weeks worth in the Jeep

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I can drop over $60 easy for my v-6 Dodge Dakota. :(

22 gallon tank and the lowest gas I saw this morning was $3.03 but most are $3.07-3.15ish soooo I expect that the $3.03 will be $3.10 by this afternoon.

I swear it is like a race. :wonky2:

Good thing I cut almost 30 miles a day off my commute by taking the bus. Only have to drive about 8 miles a day (to get to the park and ride)

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
loco said:
It's not like an Xterra is some giant monster. It's nice to be able to use a vehicle, but the cost of gas is stupid. I really hope I get to start riding most places in the very near future.
Xterra's have a 30 gallon gas tank??

J

JRB

goodtobeIrie said:
Xterra's have a 30 gallon gas tank??
Crap - you were commenting on large tanks. I wasn't paying attention. I am glad I don't own my 3/4 ton Chevy any more. I am also glad I don't have to buy 34 gallons of diesel, but I miss the truck.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
goodtobeIrie said:
RhinofromWA said:
I saw this morning was $3.03 but most are $3.07-3.15ish soooo I expect that the $3.03 will be $3.10 by this afternoon.
it was $3.25 here yesterday...
Oh it is higher around here, generally not as high as CA though. Could be all them taxes added on to the price of gas down there. I know a large portion of our price is tax.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
loco said:
Crap - you were commenting on large tanks. I wasn't paying attention. I am glad I don't own my 3/4 ton Chevy any more. I am also glad I don't have to buy 34 gallons of diesel, but I miss the truck.
no worries, I'm used to being the "slow" one...sometimes the tables do turn though...:)

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Costs just a tad over $50 to fill up my work van. The good news is that with a ton of tools, parts and a loaded ladder rack, it gets crap mileage. So I get to fill it up sometimes twice a week!!

yay.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
laura said:
i spent 45 about two weeks ago. I've been riding my bike to work ever since. It made me sick.
I'd so ride my bike to work if I could. Maybe I'll close up shop and get a job at Taco Bell. At this stage, I'd probably make more money.:mumble:

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
antimony said:
My last tank was $31, my highest ever, and I thought that was bad. The only good thing is that it does last 3 - 3.5 weeks.
The most so far was about $40. Although, since the gas prices have gone through the roof, I don't let my tank get very low. In my mind, if I'm not seeing the difference at the pump, it does hurt as much. However, I have to get gas more...

I actually saw some guy spend about $200 to full up his Ford F-350 truck...

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
i dunno what mine will cost me, but with a car that gets about 15 miles to the gallon, i'm not happy, but have no solution either. i'm gonna either replace my cats, or gut the ones i have on there, and change my air filter, mayhaps even regap my spark plugs, after wards i may actually break 20 miles to the gallon in a 92 isuzu trooper. personally i say stop taxing our gas, it will give an immediate relief on the price of gas, or at least a small bit of one. other than that, fvck alaska drill the son of a biatch (no offense alaska, but we need what you got, the oil in them hills!!!) dry while we research new methods, just my opinion, and your welcome to it.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
reading all these post while taking a break from writing a research paper on global warming ive realized we are pretty much f*cked! I cant imagine this will continue much longer. When gas gets to be 4-5/ gallon who can really justify to spend that much to drive. i think a lot about what will become of this

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
greenchris said:
When gas gets to be 4-5/ gallon who can really justify to spend that much to drive. i think a lot about what will become of this
$4-5 a gallon is ancient history in Europe. They still have cars, just smaller practical ones.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
When filling up our RV at Old Pueblo, the pump automatically shut off at $75. I noticed a small placard on the pump stating they would only approve credit cards to $75. While 'topping off' before returning the beast, I noticed a similar placard stating $50 for MC / Visa and $75 for AMEX or Discover, or something to that effect.

This surprised me being that the second fill up was at a truck stop. Must suck to have to fill those trucks up and not go over $75 per fill.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
peter6061 said:
This surprised me being that the second fill up was at a truck stop.
It's very common in my experience.

When filling up the SUV (28 gallons) and the boat (64 gallons) at the same time I sometimes have to switch credit cards since they won't typically approve three transactions in a row from the same merchant(fraud concerns).

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I spend $54.50 for 18.1 gallons of gas last week. I have (well what I'm told) is a 26 gallon tank in my pickup.

So needless to say I'm not taking any trips in the future, hell even around town gets expensive!

We did just get back from a trip up north and in King City I think was the most expensive gas, $3.59 for 87 octane. But it wasn't that bad, the entire trip we averaged 38 mpg (in a civic). I gave it a tune up before we left so I think that helped some!

It's sad how high gas prices have gotten. Oil went up in the auto parts store and the grocery stores are starting to raise their prices a little bit. I'd drive a different car but half the truck/SUV units out there really don't get that much difference in gas. We went and looked at some newer cars the other day while I was out at Honda getting some fluids and a 2006 Honda Pilot/Ridgeline gets 17/23 or something like that city/highway. That's with a V6. I checked out Chevy and a 4.8 V8 quad cab pickup gets 16/21. It doesn't do things much justice when a Honda doesn't get that much better than a V8 american gas guzzler.

Right now gas was $3.30. If I ran my tank bone dry and infact do have a 26 gallon tank thats.......$85.80 :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Spunger said:
It's sad how high gas prices have gotten. Oil went up in the auto parts store and the grocery stores are starting to raise their prices a little bit. I'd drive a different car but half the truck/SUV units out there really don't get that much difference in gas. We went and looked at some newer cars the other day while I was out at Honda getting some fluids and a 2006 Honda Pilot/Ridgeline gets 17/23 or something like that city/highway. That's with a V6. I checked out Chevy and a 4.8 V8 quad cab pickup gets 16/21. It doesn't do things much justice when a Honda doesn't get that much better than a V8 american gas guzzler.
yet other people around the world don't suddenly die if they don't drive a six or eight cylinder car. strange.

and wasn't last year's gas price spike enough of a warning that the sub-2 bucks / gal days were over?