Quantcast

Who has the best bike

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
The orange/black/white P3 is pretty sick, thanks guys ;). Even though the Orange P3 is mine and Im building a custom all Pink P3 and also a Green P cromo as new projects, Ill give my vote to Brads Streetfighter. The guide is sweet, the red on raw/silver looks killer too. Good work. Im throwing his lowered Z1 forks on the green P and also my blue FG.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
that orange/white/black P was hot too, but 24" red I-9s? that's hard to top...
what where you thinking of?

Thanks !!
YEA .. the only set of 24" I-9's ever built , custom prototype chainguide and mounting standard ... From my information this is the FIRST bike with a Spanish B/B to ever run gears also ,one off -sliding disk tab system , Hand made full AIR internals for the Zocchi 4-X body , 9 spd TREE sprocket .. I'm sure there are a few other parts I'm missing too :huh:

I'm really excited about my new bike, it stupid easy to do tricks on ... no bike should be this easy to hop onto ledges taller than my nuts :clapping:

Thanks everyone
-Brad

GMDesigns

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
OH
Then this is the second one (spanish BB/gears). Not that it matters.

After receiving my 26" I9 wheels this spring I was about to have them build some 24"s.
But then I discovered the Fall Guy with it's narrow rear end...

I may design some 110mm wide I9 type hubs myself this winter if I have the time.

I'll post some real pics once I get the bike in the studio.

GM

Attachments

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Then this is the second one (spanish BB/gears). Not that it matters.

After receiving my 26" I9 wheels this spring I was about to have them build some 24"s.
But then I discovered the Fall Guy with it's narrow rear end...

I may design some 110mm wide I9 type hubs myself this winter if I have the time.

I'll post some real pics once I get the bike in the studio.

GM
This is my vote.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Yep, you are correct Brad. The FG is MID.
Similar in theory, different in dimension...
GM

The bike pictured has the latest version of the Spanish B/b setup with 45x45 angular contact bearing ... oh and 9spds :huh:

The B/B shell used on the 07" SF is 75mm in width compaired to 68mm on standard spanish set-up

Sean

Chimp
May 16, 2006
I saw those on the Fly site the other day. They look pretty cool... But angular contact bearings for bottom brackets?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I saw those on the Fly site the other day. They look pretty cool... But angular contact bearings for bottom brackets?

They are SOOOOOOOoooooo much smoother than the standard Spanish B/B bearings ... I got my set from David at Interbike , threw them in the other day and WOW .. you can ajust the amount of tension put on the bearings , not to mention there is no side load put on the bearing like the MID or Standard Spanish systems !!!:clapping:

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
39x16

It's what I had in the garage. I still need to rebuld the front wheel to match the rear. Sooner than later I hope.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
sweet bike ... I too like the frame and fork color !!

FYI: it's scientificly proven that red bikes are faster ...lol

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Nice - that bike looks real good Brad. But those rims are a little too wild/too graphical for my tastes. Some chrome or hi-polish rims would look bitchin' with that candy paint job!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Nice - that bike looks real good Brad. But those rims are a little too wild/too graphical for my tastes. Some chrome or hi-polish rims would look bitchin' with that candy paint job!

Thanks Don !!

The Camo rims were supposed to match the camo stickers on the new DJ2 but they dont really show up as much as I hoped .

I have a pair of polished MTX's sitting right here next to me as I type waiting for a pair of the new I-9 hubs for regular spokes .

Some kid called by bike "Baller " yesterday :brows:
Quote " Damm that bikes straight Baller , Camo rims and black and red spokes ... Daaaaammmmmm "

I got a good chuckle out of that :biggrin:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
brad, can you stop building bikes and start donating them to the needy? that is by far one of 3 sickest bikes i have ever seen come out of there. im drooling

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
brad, can you stop building bikes and start donating them to the needy? that is by far one of 3 sickest bikes i have ever seen come out of there. im drooling

Ah shucks thank you :biggrin: nice to hear I'm good at doing something :brow:

Wait till you see the new suspension frame I'm working on .... be warned the ENEMY is coming !!!:rant:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yeah, the color on your StreetFighter reminded of this JMC Darrell Young. I really love that color combo w/ chrome/polished rims. Although DY himself ran the regular Araya 7B's in silver. Imagine a Carlise Aggessor MX 26x2.125 in the front :shocked:

I'm sure you've seen Azusa's as well with that combo.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
yeah, the color on your SECRET-AGENT reminded of this JMC Darrell Young. I really love that color combo w/ chrome/polished rims. Although DY himself ran the regular Araya 7B's in silver. Imagine a Carlise Aggessor MX 26x2.125 in the front :shocked:

I'm sure you've seen Azusa's as well with that combo.
WOW that's some vintage S right there Don !!!

I wish I still had my old bmx bikes from back in the day , my Peugot had a orignal Bob Haro # plate on it !!

FYI: the paint on the Secrect Agent is trans blood red over raw .
So the frame is polished before welding , the heat effected zone is left then the frame is powdercoated with the trans color so you can still see the welds !!:biggrin:

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
A Peugot w/ an orginal Haro plate?! That would be worth some $$$ these days. I've always wanted to put together one of my bikes from BITD, a Profile Cruiser w/ the bar in the middle of the front triangle. Problem is, it would be about a $1000 to build, and I wouldn't feel safe riding it. Maybe I'll look into it if the prices ever come down.

Yeah, the paint on your frames is nice indeed. That polishing step makes a big difference!