Quantcast

Who here has gots a Wii?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
toshi, Boom Blox is pretty good.
:stupid:

My daughter wanted it, so I got it on GameFly and ended up keeping it. She got frustrated and quit playing, but I think it's a lot of fun. I wonder if the new motion module would help because it did get touchy sometimes.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
We just stick to stuff we know:
Smash Bros is fun with 4 players.
Mario party is too. Actually, any less than 4 players and mario party sucks.
Mario Kart is super fun and one of the few wii games I could play single player

Also- if you haven't downloaded the new version of excite bike they have in the wii store, you're missing out. Now you can actually preload jumps and that combined with the track editor is super fun.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The best multi player game for the Wii is Raving Rabdids TV Party. "The only game you can play with your butt".

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The best multi player game for the Wii is Raving Rabdids TV Party. "The only game you can play with your butt".
Blah-bah-dah-blah-ba-da-blah-blah! Bwaaa! Bwaaaaaaa!

If you've played Rabbids, then you can translate that.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
CTA sureshot rifle just showed up, along with Game Drive. (Arcade-style hunting game like Buck Hunt in the bars. Just blasting animals.) Redneck theme party soon to ensue.

Looks like it'll be fun, but the reticle does seem to lag a bit, making tracking harder...still, the rifle is an awesome upgrade from the regular zapper. You hold it like a normal rifle, yet you have the control stick on the stock to move with your thumb, and C and Z button access from the forend via linkages.

Wii balance board with Fit+, Metroid Corruption, and some other samurai/fantasy sort of game showed up, too.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
we just signed up for Gamefly and put most of the recommendations in this thread on our queue. Gamefly is a Netflix-type service but for games.

we're doing the 15-day free trial and will switch to a 1-game out plan after the trial. if/when i get a PS3 (for GT5!) then we'll switch to a 2-game out plan and manually alternate games in the queue such that we have one game out for each platform.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cool, any game suggestions? Besides Mario cart of course.
Well, we don't have many yet either so I might not be the best person, but we love Wii Bowling 'cause Syd can do it well too. She has a Disney Enchanted Princess game that she enjoys and we pretty much play Mario Kart now. We're looking at getting Rockband, Wii Sports Resort and Mario or Mario Galaxy too. I think we may also get a Wii Fit and I just started using Wii Active for workouts.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Rockband, well, rocks. We also have The Beatles Rockband. We've got a couple of bowling games, Tiger Woods 2009? The Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal, Link Crossbow, MLB 2009? Ninja Reflex, Don King Boxing (see a pattern here?) and MarioKart. We can't play right now because of the living room remodel going on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I canceled my Wii order from Amazon. It's not shipping for 2 weeks. I'm going to order some bike stuff instead. :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We've got a bunch of games but so far my favorite is Guitar Hero. :monkey: It is addictive. We also have the Lego Star Wars game, which sounds corny but it's a whole lot of fun. Wife and I need to get off our butts and play it again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At narlus's suggestion we have Boom Blox Bash Party out from Gamefly. It's mildly entertaining. Now my arm is sore. :D I don't think I'm going to play it more than tonight, although Jessica is into it (as she usually is--she likes games more than I do, methinks).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Got a Wii Fit for rehab purposes. The facility I go to has one to help with balance skills. I told mom about it and Xmas showed up about a month ago. We are both addicted and play at least 30mins per day. Old Lady vs. Cripple is a fair challenge on many games, but mom does get a bit miffed when her paralyzed son beats her score.

The Wii Fit age is a point of pride around here. I'm 35, but started off at 53 in Wii years, and I have moved up and down in age, but most recently tested in at 31 What are y'all pulling down in the fitness tests?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Does the Don King Boxing work better than the Wii Sports boxing? Because Wii Sports boxing is a massive, crushing disappointment. Your boxer just doesn't do what you want him to.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Got a Wii Fit for rehab purposes. The facility I go to has one to help with balance skills. I told mom about it and Xmas showed up about a month ago. We are both addicted and play at least 30mins per day. Old Lady vs. Cripple is a fair challenge on many games, but mom does get a bit miffed when her paralyzed son beats her score.

The Wii Fit age is a point of pride around here. I'm 35, but started off at 53 in Wii years, and I have moved up and down in age, but most recently tested in at 31 What are y'all pulling down in the fitness tests?
I'm 39 and come in between 45 and 35 depending on the balance tests. It still has me sitting at close to overweight because it seems to think I should be 185lbs at 6'4" and I'm at 210 :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm 39 and come in between 45 and 35 depending on the balance tests. It still has me sitting at close to overweight because it seems to think I should be 185lbs at 6'4" and I'm at 210 :rofl:
I was lean to begin with, then trimmed by a few months of tube feeding through my nose in the hospital, and it still tells me I'm on the high side at 6'1" and 173, suggesting I should be 166 :confused:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody play First Person Shooters on Wii?

I'm not real happy with the control on it and was wondering if there's anything I can do to help.

Any "must have" Wii accessories?

I'm buying a "kids" size controller for my daughter tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I'm not real happy with the control on it and was wondering if there's anything I can do to help.

which game? are you using the original wii mote? or do you have the ones with motion plus?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
which game? are you using the original wii mote? or do you have the ones with motion plus?
I have a wii motion plus remote. I tried to make some adjustments to the wii remote setting slowing it down etc but it's still funky to use.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have a wii motion plus remote. I tried to make some adjustments to the wii remote setting slowing it down etc but it's still funky to use.
how's your sensor bar setup? anything obstructing it?

batteries charged?

also, what exactly aren't you happy with it performance wise?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
how's your sensor bar setup? anything obstructing it?

batteries charged?

also, what exactly aren't you happy with it performance wise?
Oh I forgot to mention I'm playing black ops.

Um it's too jumpy, i used to play on the computer all the time but now I have to stand up play and it seems like if I'm not positioned right in front of the TV it doesn't see the controller. I have the bar on top off the TV and it's not obstructed. Batteries are good too.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY

Buy one of the plastic guns that you clip the remote and nunchuck into.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

Syd LOVES her kid-sized controller & nunchuck. It fits her had a lot better for all of the games she plays. I wish there was a steering wheel for it, but it's still pretty new so maybe there will be.

We play MarioKart a LOT and lately, we've been playing Just Dance Kids & Just Dance2 'cause that's what Syd wants to play.

We don't have too many other accessories for the Wii. We've thought about getting the 4 remote charger but that's about it.