Quantcast

Who here has gots a Wii?

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Somebody broke into my apartment and stole mine....great fun for a month or so. Game shops all say tough luck, but you can't get on a waiting list or nothing....have to just get lucky when they have one.:disgust1:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
My dad bought one for himself while he was rehabbing his back. The doctor said he could play golf on the course so he bought a wii. After a while he actually started swinging like he normally would when he played, tiger woods 08 is so damn accurate that it just continuously mimics the slice he has in real life. Long story short he got frustrated with it and gave it to me.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I grew tired of the Wii but my wife still loves it for bowling and tennis. I bought a few games and have been let down by the graphics each time. Well would should I expect, it's pretty much a GameCube in a different box with different controllers.

The wife is realllllllly excited for WiiFit to come out. Now, only if they made a mountain bike game like THIS for the Wii.

I suppose you could just go outside and do the REAL THING. lol

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I grew tired of the Wii but my wife still loves it for bowling and tennis. I bought a few games and have been let down by the graphics each time. Well would should I expect, it's pretty much a GameCube in a different box with different controllers.

The wife is realllllllly excited for WiiFit to come out. Now, only if they made a mountain bike game like THIS for the Wii.

I suppose you could just go outside and do the REAL THING. lol

Do you have Mario Galaxy? I am a big Mario fan, my favorites are Mario Bros. 3 on NES and Mario 64. Mario Galaxy is a whole different take on Mario, but it has elements from every Mario game built into it. The graphics are pretty good as well. I just got it a few days ago, and i am totally addicted.

And what did you expect from the graphics? That is why it is only $250, not $600+ like the other 3rd gen consoles. Its not HD, and it doesn't have a great graphics engine. But it is still fun!

And for guitar hero, you don't need great graphics :D

Our son's aunt just got him one for his birthday. (His 7th) It's pretty fun all in all but the game that comes with it is just such a teaser. 3 innings of baseball?!? Come on....

Anyway, I got really lucky over the weekend and scored the only Guitar Hero III in town for it. Yea-haw! I'm a rock star now!

Anyone have suggestions for better/fun sports games? Thinking about MLB Power Pros for baseball. No shoot-em up's or blood & guts for the little guy....

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
My grandmother bought one a year ago. She never used it. I recently acquired it. it's awesome.

I downloaded a bunch of n64 games because i am too lazy to go to the store and buy some.

I love Mario Cart.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Our son's aunt just got him one for his birthday. (His 7th) It's pretty fun all in all but the game that comes with it is just such a teaser. 3 innings of baseball?!? Come on....

Anyway, I got really lucky over the weekend and scored the only Guitar Hero III in town for it. Yea-haw! I'm a rock star now!

Anyone have suggestions for better/fun sports games? Thinking about MLB Power Pros for baseball. No shoot-em up's or blood & guts for the little guy....
If you like football, I was researching the Madden series for Wii. Apparently, Madden 07 was great, and Madden 08 is kinda sucky. I plan on picking up Madden 07 pretty soon, but I already got Guitar hero and Mario Galaxy, and I've only had it for less than a week, AND, I don't really have a steady job right now....

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Mii gots one.

I like Tiger Woods Golf. Driving sims teh suck for Wii. Well, at least NFS Pro Street scored low on my scales.

Big brain accadamy is a good party game. Fun when drinking.

I will post my console number sometime...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I haz Weez.

Mario Galaxy is AWESOME. Sports are fun.

Zelda's pretty amazing for a while, but I like the oldschool simplicity of a lot of the games. (Turn on, play game, turn off...no quests, continuation, blah blah.) Zelda IMHO is pretty tedious after a while.

Anyone have the Raving Rabbids game? We're going to be hosting a lot of parties over the next two years---looks like it might be fun.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Mario Galaxy is AWESOME.
Word. Addicting too. I've stayed up WAY too late, too many times no thanks to Mario.....

EDIT: Come to think about it. The Wii is the first console that I hunted for. The rest, I'm usually a few years behind due mainly to my being too cheap to shell out more then $300 for a game machine. Everybody had games finished before I even considered buying into the platform. Playstation 2 was all the rage, I was still stuck on Street Fighter Turbo for SNES...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We did our Craigslist Wii deal in a mall parking lot 20 miles from home. It was shaaaddddyyy. But we have a reciept, so whatever.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Anyone have the Raving Rabbids game? We're going to be hosting a lot of parties over the next two years---looks like it might be fun.
Raving Rabbids is pretty fun. I got to about 80% finished and one of the tasks got so F@#!$ng hard that I stopped playing the game. Some of the mini-games are great party games. I've heard that Sonic and Mario at the Olympics is outstanding but I haven't picked it up yet.

Lately, I have been playing a ton of Tiger Woods 08 ... Q school is up next!

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
My sister and her husband just got one. I am still working on the basic sports package. Anyone know how to do the power serve in Tennis?

I heard Madden is hard as hell, and Tiger Woods rules.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nope, but the wife and I just picked up Mario Party 8 and are playing it now. Pretty fun so far.

Edit: I should have added that Sonic and Mario at the Olympics was dissapointing ... way too repetitive.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Been a Nintendo fanboy all my life, I still have every console they have ever put out.
But the Wii is a dissapointment for me.
Ive tried all the big games but I really cant get exited about any of them.
Sure it was fun for a week but it got old really quick plus in some games the controls are horrible.

Ive bought a Playstation3 and I play it a lot.
The Wii only comes out when we have kids over.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I still need to pick up mario kart. Been too busy with real life lately. The only video game I have any time on recently is GTA4.