Quantcast

Who Is Racing Fontana/ What Class

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bizutch said:
OK. Nick from the Adventure Center called me back and to try to accomadate, they're gonna do a shuttle from 6-8pm near the finish of the DH. For details, ask at registration. Or keep an eye out for the shuttle vehicle just before you get to the village. Call the Adventure Center for details.

You're welcome.
ur my hero! :love: :love:

that's a good thing 'cause this is the email i received back....

Hope you come out and race but if not you will be missing out on a great course and event.

David Berger

Gone Riding, Inc.

www.goneriding.com

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I'm out..

$60 for a new norba license + $38 to race is currently out of my league. :mumble:

Kill it for me!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
no kidding...hope this new course is worth it.

round trip drive time = 8 hours
gas for trip = $60+
race fee for sport = $26
Camp site fee = $20

2 race runs on new course = priceless ???????

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
well...just decided to go on an all day local rideventure instead of the race. just too much hassle and money for the possibility of so few runs on saturday.

hope you all have fun and get some good pics.

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I know this has probably been discussed but... Is there any word on Shuttle service? What times Saturday? 10am?

And is there anywhere to camp? Unless anyone has some floor space?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'll be there @ 4-5ish. I'm racing regardless. I bought a frikkin license at Sea Otter and by gosh I'm going to use it.

So what's going on with the Maxxis Series? Is it happening? I'm getting a second job to pay for my son's new bike and he better have somewhere to race.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Peete said:
I'll be there @ 4-5ish. I'm racing regardless. I bought a frikkin license at Sea Otter and by gosh I'm going to use it.

So what's going on with the Maxxis Series? Is it happening? I'm getting a second job to pay for my son's new bike and he better have somewhere to race.
No Maxxis races. Its sounds like Pete Jr. needs to get job #1 to pay for his bike. :nopity:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
so...who else hasn't ridden their DH bike since Dark Mtn? I've still got my race number and flat from when my rear tube just decided to pop while my bike was laying on the ground during the awards.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
profro said:
No Maxxis races. Its sounds like Pete Jr. needs to get job #1 to pay for his bike. :nopity:
I've been on him all summer about getting a job. Typical slacker teen.

But he has been riding a ton and has gotten better. Since there won't be a series that's all the more reason to do another national.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
spoke80 said:
I'm out..

$60 for a new norba license + $38 to race is currently out of my league. :mumble:

Kill it for me!

yo ben - whats the word about the rock on saturday, anyone gonna be there? got a new helmet I need to break in. and I'm itching to see how little all my new found xc fitness will help out there. peace.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bizutch said:
I hope the Fontana course kicks ass so all you dissenters loose out on a once in a year shot at riding an awesome trail. I heard less excuses and bull outta Mike Tyson
i hope it does too.....but if i'm gonna travel...i'd rather get in some good ride time like i will sat at sugar :thumb:

i figure someone has to b!tch since cecil is MIA. :nope:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
d.e.f. said:
yo ben - whats the word about the rock on saturday, anyone gonna be there? got a new helmet I need to break in. and I'm itching to see how little all my new found xc fitness will help out there. peace.

Probably pretty wet. I am planning to put in some work out there if it is gonna rain all weekend so call me if you're interested.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
I hope the Fontana course kicks ass so all you dissenters loose out on a once in a year shot at riding an awesome trail. I heard less excuses and bull outta Mike Tyson
Lack of money isn't an excuse it is a way of my life, but thanks anyway dick! :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
how much did you pay for those hand cut steaks in your freezer??? :love:
Whoa now, playing with my food is like playing with my emotions, don't make me have to f you up!

I can live with out fontana but I can't live without dinner!

The bottom just fell out in N Atlanta. I'm not driving 3 hours in the rain to race a course that should probably be postponed. There has just been too much rain lately. I'm gonna try to borrow Warrens' bike and go to Sugar.

What about Windrock? Will there be any races there, or just go up and ride?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
HAH...you both missed a fun race. Some poor kid got jacked up and caused a course delay which was really the only serious issue, but the race itself was fun.
Anybody know what the status of the person injured was?

I HOPE THEY ARE OK!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
bizutch said:
HAH...you both missed a fun race. Some poor kid got jacked up and caused a course delay which was really the only serious issue, but the race itself was fun.
Anybody know what the status of the person injured was?

I HOPE THEY ARE OK!!!
hmmm, so far you seem to be the only non-disgruntled racer from fontana....you must have won, or at least placed better than jeremy, 'cause he doesn't seem to happy with it. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
There was a really long, flat straightaway that I had an easier time on than the 3 climbs on the old 2 1/2 minute course without a doubt.

The thing that would have made things better is if they had 2 U-Hauls alternating, one loading up while the other came down the hill to get more runs in.

The thing that made things suck was the heat...it was steamy to say the least!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
bizutch the guy that got hurt is a good friend of mine. his name was drew and what was causing all the problems was that he had broke his neck about a year ago and he slamed a tree going about 15 (how he got up to that speed i dont know thats what some spectator said) and slamed his head into a damn tree. so no worries though hes okay we actually picked him up from the hospital after the awards and he drove himself home. :thumb: so thanks for the consern bizutch and the rest of you guys. ohh and the heat did suck and the mud always makes things interesting.